If you are running an Ecommerce website, then product descriptions are an inherent part of the way your customers interact with your brand on a daily basis. However, there is more to the product description game than meets the eye. A product description actually needs to be carefully crafted, and might go on to become the bottom line when it comes to whether a product is being bought or not. Here are a few tips to get you started in the right direction if you’re wondering how to write the perfect product description…
Figure out your target audience
The first step of writing effective and influential product descriptions is figuring out who you’re writing them for. It is imperative that you understand the psychology of your target audience, and highlight those parts of your product in its description that are most likely to be attractive to them. Rather than simply defining the main features of the product, you can also include general and informative lines which will appeal to the personality of your viewers, and fall in line with their interests. Their demographic, age, gender, what purpose they are probably buying the product for, who they are buying the product for, their income, etc are all factors that you need to keep in mind while crafting every sentence of your product description.
Focus on USPs and key benefits
Rather than focusing on the basics of what the product is and what it does (especially if people are most likely already aware of the product), you ought to focus on the USPs and added edge that the product grants its users. The theme of the entire product description should be how it can add something different and unique to the buyer’s life, so that the benefits of investing in this product are immediately made obvious. Learn how to convert mere features into benefits, and sell them accordingly.
Long paragraphs which look like an essay are never going to look inviting to customers. An extremely important point to keep in mind is readability when it comes to your product descriptions. Most customers are not even going to read everything you have listed, and so it is important that you make the key features stand out and catch the eye of the user immediately. Ensure that you use formats which can be easily perused, and don’t take more than a couple of seconds for the user to read. Use bullet points or a segmented format to ensure that the product description is crisp, clear and attractive.
Use your branding language
Even though it is imperative that your product descriptions are centered around your target audience, it is also important that you do not compromise on your branding language. In case you have a unique brand tone which is reflected through all of your communications (a tone which may be extremely professional, or conversational and funny), you should ensure that you use this same tone while writing your product descriptions as well. The products need to resonate with your brand image, and for this very purpose you need to have a particular, concrete branding language which you use while writing your product descriptions.
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) needs to be a crucial part of your planning process when it comes to planning absolutely anything related to content for your digital presence. Product descriptions, too, need to be optimised according to keywords that are most likely to get you traction online. Carry out extensive keyword research and incorporate them into your product descriptions to that your website appears higher up in search engine results. There are tons of online tools available which can help you in this process of optimisation, and this will prove as a great aid in leading customers to your product who are actively looking for something like it.
Read About Ecommerce Budgeting – https://www.digihashtag.com/steps-to-efficiently-utilise-your-ecommerce-marketing-budget/
CPA stands for Cost Per Acquisition, and in simple terms, it is the total cost that each sale generated from your digital marketing investment cost you. It’s important to note here that the CPA varies from each industry, business and product in question. There is no one ideal CPA which you must strive to attain- rather, achieving a perfect CPA can only be done through a gradual process of self evaluation and analysis.
Why is it important?
CPA is extremely important as it is one of the few marketing metrics which directly, in solid quantitative terms informs a marketer about the revenue generated from his advertising spend. While conversion rates normally just give an inference of how well your marketing efforts are proceeding in general, Cost per Acquisition can give you exact numbers for how well a particular campaign is doing and what your precise returns on investment are.
Where is it used?
Cost per Acquisition is a metric that is used in a variety of platforms and methods of paid marketing. These include, but are not limited to:
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Pay-per-click Marketing
- Search Engine Optimisation
How do I optimise the CPA for my Ecommerce Business?
There are some strategies that you can follow in order to optimise your CPA, and these will help you immensely in bettering your marketing strategies.
- Study your budget: It’s vital for any ecommerce business to properly gauge their own advertising budget and optimise their CPA accordingly. A strict and limited budget would call for a more conservative CPA, and you should ideally target only limited and high-yielding terms and focus points. A more liberal budget can allow you to experiment a bit more with your CPA and target narrower domains as well.
- Define your economic goals: You need to determine where your ecommerce business stands currently, and what is more important for it- getting exposure via widely spread marketing endeavours, making a profit or simply breaking even. How important your profits are to you at the moment are essential in determining what your efforts should be in optimising your CPA.
- Choosing the right medium: There are various digital marketing mediums you can employ (which have been listed in the previous section) which you can employ to satisfy your business’ advertising needs. An important part of optimising your CPA is choosing the right medium in order to ensure that you get maximum returns on your investment and minimise wasteful expenses.
Read About Semantic Indexing – https://www.digihashtag.com/what-is-semantic-indexing/
Semantic Indexing, more popularly known as Latent Semantic Indexing or LSI, is something you need to know about if you are at all interested in digital marketing- or to be more specific, SEO. This is the principle governing principle of how search engines like Google analyse their data and web pages, and is imperative to learn about if you want to have an effective SEO strategy. This system relates each word to one another, rather then simply searching for keywords exclusively- which helps it to provide search results which have the right, authentic content and are relevant to the user.
How does LSI work?
Latent Semantic Indexing is a system which uses mathematical equations to make correlations between keywords that are being searched for and the website content which is being perused. When search engines analyse separate web pages to understand which are the most common and important keywords it has, they use this system to ignore words which are unimportant. Words like ‘and’, ‘is’ or ‘the’ are used a lot, but do not actually add to the overall content keywords density of the page. This indexing system categorically eliminates all noise and perfunctory words, and brings to the front keywords which are actually related to the search queries.
Why is important?
LSI is the only system which effectively works towards bettering the user experience for search engine customers, and ensuring that more relevant and well curated content is shown to them. It works in two stages- firstly, interpreting the user’s intent and determining what exactly it is that he is looking for by analysing the search engine query, and then providing results after careful elimination to ensure that only the most pertinent ones are displayed. It weeds out all the spam, low quality plagiarised content, and second tier pages that are not directly related to the search engine query. It’s importance is three-fold:
- It helps the search engine to provide better services and results to its users.
- Ensures that quality content is given its due by providing it with higher rankings organically
- Helps the users to have a more satisfying, efficient experience.
How can you create content tailored for LSI?
As a part of a rapidly developing digital landscape, it is important for businesses to adapt to the requirements of the online mechanisms. SEO is extremely vital for any business investing in digital marketing, and so it is vital that you refine your content in order to make it more tailored for the Latent Semantic Indexing system. Here are a few strategies you can employ to polish your content:
- Improve your writing style: Research has shown that content which is more conversational and easier to understand in language will be more amiable to LSI.
- Optimisation: Optimise the content on your page in order to not only be at the top of a search engine’s authentic results, but also to earn features like snippets which will make your website more recognisable.
- Data Markup: Use data markup techniques to create backlinking and interrelate several more web pages with your own, so that search engines can analyse them better.
Latent Semantic Indexing is thus a vital foundation of the entire SEO game, and it is extremely important for any marketer who is exploring digital trends to understand how it works and why it is important for their business.
Read about Node Js – https://www.digihashtag.com/node-js-features/
Planning your advertising and marketing spend is a crucial process of the branding process. The decisions you make here can mean life and death in the business world. You need to know which avenues will pay off, and which ones will prove to be a blackhole for your funds. Wondering where to start? Here are 5 steps to get you started on efficiently planning your marketing budget.
The first step is to understand what kind of product you want to market, what is your target audience, and which are the most efficient ways of reaching them. Different types of industries and products excel with differently oriented marketing strategies, and you need to do your homework on which strategies will pay off the most for you and your brand. Distribute your budget amongst digital marketing, resource management, and offline marketing depending on what is the need of the hour. As digital marketing has become extremely effective in today’s day, it would be advisable to spend a certain amount on building your brand online.
Evaluate Your Resources
A very important part of correctly utilising your marketing budget is evaluating your current resources, how many more you need, and what would be the most cost- effective ways of procuring them. When it comes to staff and building a team, you need to be extremely clever and effectively optimise all costs. Compare the costs of having a comprehensive in-house marketing team which takes care of end-to-end solutions, and hiring freelancers on project basis. One of the most popular methods is mixing the two, and having project leaders who make plans and then hire services to actualise them.
Create Quality Content
Content marketing will always pay off much more than paid advertising or PPC marketing. Quality content will always attract genuine audiences, and increase traffic organically. Aim to invest your budget in things like blogs, videos and info-graphs which you can spread all over the internet and get your brand name out. Content which is informative and actually useful will give higher returns on your investment, even if the cost of creating it is relatively higher. As studies show, content marketing gives returns 6 times higher than other types of marketing.
Even though you are running an ecommerce business, you still need to invest some of your budget in offline marketing tactics to get word of mouth out about your brand. Other than essentials like business cards, some of your marketing spend also needs to go towards promotional objects which you can use at events, client meetings or even freebies which you can distribute to spread the word about your company. Offline marketing is an essential part of branding your company and finalising what its image is going to be in the real world.
Ideally, you should keep a section of your budget away to reward your customers and retain them with loyalty programs. It is much more of a hassle and expensive to find a new customer than it is to retain an already existing one. This is why you need to invest in retaining customers and incentivising them to re-purchase from your brand. A highly effective way of doing this is through a loyalty program, in which you give back to your customers as a way of showing that you appreciate their engagement with your company.
Ways To Increase Your E-Commerce Sales – https://www.digihashtag.com/five-ways-to-increase-your-ecommerce-sales/
Marketing is based on visuals, and how your audience sees you. There are hundreds of playbooks out there on how to grab the attention of your audience, promote your products, and just be seen. However, there has been in recent times a certain saturation with the run-of-the-mill styles of marketing- may it be videos, blogs, emails, or even print and film advertising. So what are some unique, cutting edge visuals which you can now incorporate into your marketing strategy? Let’s find out…
Gifs are one of the most popular online trends on social media. They are shared easily, instantly, are most extensive than images yet have the same power of videos. Even though they are mostly used as memes, or in the entertainment industry, gifs can be used by marketers to make their marketing content more relevant and exciting. Gify, the most popular gif platform, serves a whopping 1 billion gifs every day! It is time to buy into this trend and use it to your advantage.
Emojis are common, and some might even say overused. Bitmojis, on the other hand, are unique visuals that have not yet been commonly used by marketers. Bitmojis allow you to create unique emojis which you can use to express your brand individuality. Made popular by Snapchat, these dynamic visuals can be used to instantly connect with a particular target group (especially a young one) and tell a complete story.
A cinemagraph is a visual in which only a particular part of an image moves, while everything else remains stationary. These visuals are highly fascinating, and can be used in creative ways to deliver a minimalistic, yet extremely impactful, message. They are extremely niche as of yet, and so are guaranteed to make any user stop and pay attention to what you are trying to say.
Even though negative space has been used by advertisers and marketers for a long time now, it has not been used too many times as not many people are able to do justice to the concept. Artists love playing with negative space, and the power of it can be harnessed by marketers to deliver powerful brand messages. Rather than focusing on what is there, focus on what isn’t- and create marketing content which is breathtaking.
Multi Visual Infographs
Infographs are quite popular, and a common component of content marketing for hundreds of businesses online. However, a way to give a unique spin to infographs would be to incorporate different types of media into it. Other than just images and text, you can also add things like animations or gifs to make your infograph even more engaging. Creating informative visuals which are so engaging and dynamic are bound to increase your organic traffic manifold.
Try all of these styles out, and see which gains you the maximum traction. Even though you are doing this for marketing and hope to gain some returns on these creatives, don’t forget to have fun!
Read More about Visual Search – https://www.digihashtag.com/visual-search-the-emergence-and-breakthrough/
Retargeting is an essential part of the ecommerce marketing game, as a majority of your customers will not make a purchase the first time they come into contact with your brand, but rather after they have been retargeted several times. A good way of retargeting is by reaching their inbox- through newsletter, or email marketing. A correctly timed email can make or break your sale. Here are a few strategies which will help you to effectively retarget using newsletters.
The basis of every newsletter are the people it is reaching. The wider your outreach, the more chances you have of people responding to your newsletters. For this very reason, it is imperative that you regularly collate data about your email subscribers, and continuously expand your database. Think about new ways to invite email id submissions, may it be a pop-up during checkout, or a discount code which requires them to provide their email address. Also regularly analyse your newsletter subscriber list to weed out the fake or inactive ids and target the ones that engage regularly.
Target Abandoned Carts
A highly effective strategy would be to target people who have abandoned their carts during the checkout process. It is imperative that you move as quickly as possible, and reach out to them the same day that they abandon their carts with an email urging them to complete their checkout. These customers are a cream group, as retargeting them is most likely to result in engagements. Make sure that you keep your brand and the products they liked fresh in their minds through regular newsletters about the same, so that you give them that one final push to checkout!
The Importance of CTAs
Having a generic email informing your subscribers about your products and services will only do so much- it is extremely important that you have a clear, powerful ‘Call to Action’ underlying each newsletter you circulate. Decide beforehand what the purpose of the newsletter is (may it be promoting an upcoming sale, a new product launch or inviting them to explore your latest collection), and have the CTA as the conclusion of the newsletter in clear, precise terms. Without a CTA, chances are that your newsletter will simply fade away or be ignored.
Create Visual Newsletters
Any customer is much more likely to respond to an image over words, as has been proven by studies time and again. The time of simple, letter-like emails has passed. This is the era of the power of visuals, and image-based newsletters are the way to a successful email campaign. Images will allow you to exercise a minimalistic, powerful way of marketing where you can simply highlight your CTA with a catchy line, and attract the user’s attention with an engaging image.
Know When to Stop Retargeting
One of the fastest ways to lose a customer would be to overwhelm them with newsletters and emails about a product that they have already bought. You need to keep clear tabs on your customer’s purchase history, so that you don’t waste time and money on targeting a customer who has already converted. After determining your CTA, keep track of which subscribers actually responded positively and exclude them from your next round of retargeting newsletters.
Thus, newsletter retargeting, if done right, can prove to be a highly cost-effective and powerful medium of retaining your customers. It can convert window shoppers to actual buyers, and give you great returns on your investment. All you have to do is follow the above mentioned steps and be well aware of what has worked for you and what hasn’t!
Read About Pinterest Marketing – https://www.digihashtag.com/pinterest-marketing/
What is Node JS?
There are some features which set Node JS completely apart from other programming languages:
- It is very easy to use, flexible and can be readily used for prototyping
- It works extremely fast
- The services provided by Node JS are highly scalable
- It’s source code is cleaner compared to it’s alternatives, as well as more consistent in its performance
- Node JS provides a large ecosystem and mechanism for an open source library
- Node JS is by default non-blocking, which makes it extremely flexible and controllable to use for any programmer.
What are some of its applications?
Node JS is used for various purposes and in various fields. It has risen to become one of the smoothest technology partners and more and more people are opting to use this framework for all of their back-end requirements. Node JS can be used to create:
- Streaming applications
- Data-Intensive Real Time applications
- Complex Single-Page applications
- I/0 bound applications
- JSON APIs based application
- Real-time chatting platforms
Read More About AI and Robotics – https://www.digihashtag.com/artificial-intelligence-and-robotics/
Running an ecommerce business is a mercurial task, and there are several ups and downs which one must face. Even though there are several time-tested strategies which most ecommerce business owners employ to increase their sales and customer base, once in a while everyone hits a slump which may prove to be very difficult to climb out of. In case you are looking for some niche strategies and fresh ideas to quickly increase your sales, we are here for you!
Target Your Pre-Existing Customers
At Times, the reason for low ecommerce sales lies not with a dearth of customers, but have inactive customers. Rather than focusing all your energy on constantly acquiring new customers, you should pay attention to maximising sales from existing customers and ensuring that you retain them. A loyal customer can prove much more beneficial than new, transitory customers! Try to create deals, campaigns and products which your customers might be interested in and pull them in if their attention is wandering.
Invest In Paid Traffic
If you’re looking for quick and guaranteed results, then paid traffic is a sure-shot way of greatly increasing the traffic to your ecommerce store. Though this method can be expensive, and some might even consider it risky, it is an extremely efficient method of marketing your brand if it is done in the right way. You need to keep a close watch on analytics and metrics, research which social media platforms you want to market on, and create relevant content which will assuredly attract traffic to your website. If optimised, paid traffic can become affordable and effective!
Simplify Your Checkout Process
Make sure that your checkout process is as quick and easy as possible, as a complicated checkout process might act as a deterrent for any potential sale. Get rid of hurdles like asking your customer to sign up before checking out, as this will directly lead to an increase in sales. Even the amount of information the user has to fill in to simply place the order should be reduced so that the checkout process becomes as easy as possible.
Even though this sounds basic, nothing hits the psychology of your customers like a run-of-the-mill sale. It’s the most guaranteed way of increasing sales, and if marketed properly on social media platforms, discount deals can also drive new traffic manifold to your website. If you are concerned about profit margins, then you can simply up the base price of each product a little and then have a discount which only marginally cuts into your profits.
Offer Free Delivery
It’s a fact that people tend to buy more when there is free delivery. If your cart abandonment rate is high, it is probably because people get dissuaded from buying the product after seeing the total cost including shipping and taxes. If you are looking to increase your sales fast, the best way would be to offer free shipping momentarily to at least expand your customer base. Free delivery will also encourage people from far flung areas to visit your website and buy your products, thus Introducing a whole new set of customers.
Reasons a Business Need E-Commerce Website – https://www.digihashtag.com/why-a-business-need-e-commerce-website/
The Holiday season is a goldmine for businesses- customers are looking to spend more, treat themselves, and buy gifts for their friends or relatives. However, how can you strike it big the right way? How do normal marketing tactics like SEO have to change and evolve during the holiday and festival season? Here are some ways you can use SEO in unique ways to increase conversions during the holiday season.
Rework Product Titles and Descriptions
Your product titles and descriptions play a heavy part in SEO as these are the keywords that people look for while shopping during the holiday season. Try to rework your existing titles and description by giving them a festive edge and optimising them for what the user will be searching for. As gifting is one of the primary motives of holiday shopping, try to market your products as giftable items and add things in their descriptions which make them holiday-specific.
Create a smooth Mobile experience
Majority of holiday shopping is done on mobile devices, and so it is imperative that your create landing pages and websites which are mobile-friendly and provide impeccable user experience on the devices. Specially while looking for gifts for friends or relatives, people are looking to buy something which is fast, easily available and right in front of their eyes- and this is most easily achieved through mobile shopping. Invest in a good mobile interface to ensure that you do not lose on this section of customers!
Having a good Social Media Campaign
A lot of companies are able to increase the SEO engagements by increasing their social media content and reach. Have creative holiday-themed campaigns which run consecutively on several social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Youtube. All of these should be eye catching and highlight your products and services. You can link all of these posts and platforms to your website and increase traffic there manifold.
Invest in a PPC Campaign
You can use Adwords and pay-per-click campaigns to quickly drive up sales during the holiday season. While organic SEO tactics may work on a normal day-to-day basis, it might be necessary to up your game a notch by investing in a PPC campaign. However, you need to be careful to not get caught in a bid way or waste your advertising spend.
Take a step back and figure out what is working- and what isn’t
It’s imperative to analyse what is working with your current SEO strategy and what isn’t. The holiday season can prove to be a monumental boon for business- but only if you play your cards right. Figure out weak areas and start working on optimising them for increasing sales. In case there is something that seems to be working great for your normal website, modify it a bit and use it for your holiday landing page as well! All in all, it is critical for you to take a step back and actually objectively figure out your SEO strategy.
Read More About SEO Trends : https://www.digihashtag.com/five-trends-in-seo/
Worried about your advertising spend going to waste? Millions of dollars are spent on marketing every day, and the lack of knowledge about whether your investments are actually going to give returns or not is extremely daunting. This is where Performance Marketing comes in- a sure shot way of knowing that you can track, control and be satisfied with your advertising spend.
What is Performance Marketing?
Performance Marketing is the most effective type of marketing for companies which do not have lakhs of rupees to spend on branding and marketing. In simple terms, Performance Marketing enables you to pay only when a desirable action has been completed. This action may be a click, a sale or simply a generated lead.
Why should you use Performance Marketing?
There are several benefits of investing in Performance Marketing. There are a lot of analytics which enable you to track your performance, and quantitatively measure how well your campaigns are faring. It is 100% measurable and this data can provide immense benefits to your working and strategy. Overall, Performance Marketing also poses much lower risks than other types of paid marketing, and is completely ROI-focused.
How cost-effective is it?
The most unique aspect of Performance Marketing is how cost-effective it is. Rather than paying a lump-sum amount just to get the campaign started and hoping that you gain returns on your investment, with Performance Marketing you get the unique edge of paying only for successful transactions.
What are the Cons?
Like with all marketing strategies, there are several pitfalls for Performance Marketing as well. The issues are primarily related to compliance, and may include things like publisher fraud and infringement of regularly rules. But worry not! There are tools which help with fraud detection that can let you successfully avoid any such problems.
Some terms you need to know
CPA: Cost-per-acquisition is a pricing model. In this, you only pay for a particular “acquisition” like a click or a sale.
Impressions: The ads which are based on impressions are normally priced cheaper, for these are quite unpredictable. The fees you pay is based on the number of times the ad was seen.
Engagement: A lot of social media platforms provide Performance Marketing which is engagement-based. Engagement is the interaction users have with your ad and may be measured in different ways.
Leads: Leads can be calculated on the basis of things like forms filled in and email opt-ins Thus, Performance Marketing poses myriad benefits for any marketer looking to invest in a new channel of digital marketing. It is a safehouse for anyone who does not want to get too risky with their capital, and ensures that you have a satisfactory experience with marketing your brand.
Social Media Strategies : https://www.digihashtag.com/the-best-social-media-strategies-to-grow-your-e-commerce-business/
SEO, or Search Engine Optimisation, is the mechanism which dictates the ranking of your website on search engine result pages. The importance of SEO is unquestionable, as statistics even show that traffic from search engines has a conversion rate 9% higher than traffic from social media! However, while navigating and employing SEO tricks and tips in increasing your brand’s loyalty, there are some prevalent SEO myths you need to avoid.
SEO Is Cheap and Easy
SEO is neither cheap nor easy- rather, it takes a lot of continuous efforts, recalibration and analytics to actually push your page up the ranks. SEO is also not inexpensive, as you are constantly competing with numerous other brands who might be willing to bet obscene amounts of money on the keywords you want.
It’s All About Ranking
SEO is not about ranking- it’s about relevancy. Though a higher ranking might lead to more click-through rates, it does not necessarily guarantee a higher conversion rate. This might be because you are investing in the wrong keywords or attracting the wrong audience. Another reason why you are not getting actual converts could be that your website is not appealing or that your titles did not hold the attention of the users.
Keyword Research Is A One-Time Job
Keywords can make or break your SEO strategy, and it is extremely imperative to constantly research about keywords and whether you are using the right ones. Make sure you use relevant keywords which capture the essence of what you want to say, and don’t over-optimise them as this often results in a penalty from Google. Rather than curating a list of keywords and sticking to it, make sure you constantly update the list and use only popular and relevant keywords.
Your Homepage Needs To Be Content-Heavy
It’s a simple myth that your homepage needs to be overflowing with content, keywords and absolutely everything informative about your business in order to attract customers. Often times the design and readability of the homepage is neglected while perfecting the content. However, you need to ensure that your homepage is neat, emphatic and correctly captures all the key aspects and essence of your business and what you want to say.
More Pages Will Automatically Lead To Higher Ranking
If you have a vast website with numerous, content heavy pages, this might not necessarily directly impact your search engine rankings. Even though having more pages will give you the opportunity to employ more SEO tricks and use keywords, it might not directly have any effect unless you spend a lot of time in optimising each page and designing it correctly to add to your Search Engine Ranking.
Seo Myths Busted – Thus, there are several SEO myths that are commonly believed by marketers and web firms. In order to truly harness the power of SEO to increase your web presence and improve your search engine rankings, it is imperative that you educate yourself on the do’s and don’ts SEO and play according to the rules.
Read About SEO Trends – https://www.digihashtag.com/five-trends-in-seo/
Facebook Advertising has emerged as one of the primary and most commonly used advertising mediums for most brands in today’s day and age. It’s flexibility, great returns on investment, and wide outreach has made it an instant hit with most marketers. In fact, statistics show that 93% of digital marketing professionals use Facebook Ads as a vital part of their marketing strategy. But do all of these people use the medium the right way? Not at all! In fact, there are several common mistakes that people tend to make when it comes to Facebook Ads. We have listed some of them below to help you dodge some of the most foreseeable problems in your future.
Targeting The Wrong People
There are millions of users on Facebook, and the first step you need to take is selecting the right group of target customers that you will aim your ads at. One of the most common mistakes made my marketers is targeting an audience which is too narrow and specific, too broad, or just the wrong demographic. Conduct customer surveys and use the ‘Audience Insights’ feature to correctly gauge which customers will actually be interested in your products and services and engage with your ads.
Using The Wrong Image In your Ad
According to research, the image in a Facebook ad accounts for nearly 75-90% of the ad’s performance. There are several types of ad formats which Facebook offers, and all of them offer you the chance to include an image (some formats, like the ‘Carousel’ or ‘Slideshow’ even enable you to add multiple images). The image you use should be eye-grabbing, effective and deliver the message you want to say even in the absence of text. Rather than a generic stock image, make sure you select one which is directly connected and representative of the product you want to market and does justice to your brand values.
Not Using Facebook Pixels
Facebook Pixels are basically a way of tracking interactions and engagements that are taking place with and because of your Ad. By using analytics, you can study exactly the effect your Facebook Ad is having, all the way back to your website. This is a wonderful way of measuring your ad’s effectiveness, especially on platforms other than Facebook itself .
Not Using Videos
According to studies, 71% of users of Facebook agreed that they find video ads extremely engaging and relevant. Videos have become the primary mode of content consumption in today’s world, and a user is much more likely to watch a video than read a long text-based ad. Create short, impactful video ads and make sure you accompany them with the right captions. Use the analytics and metrics provided by Facebook to study the performance of each video ad and modify your future campaigns accordingly.
Having A Weak Headline
Your headline has to be precise, succinct and deliver exactly what your product does and why people should buy it. Try to build an emotional connection with your customers, wherein you understand a problem of theirs and guarantee a solution via your product or service. The shorter your headline is, the better.
Make sure you avoid these often-repeated mistakes made by marketers, and have a fruitful journey with Facebook Ads!
Know more about Instagram Marketing : https://www.digihashtag.com/instagram-marketing/
Instagram stories, according to many, have now become the most important part of a brand’s Instagram presence. This is not without reason, for most users tend to watch stories as soon as they log into the app rather than scrolling down as they used to. With multiple features like stickers, polls, questions, locations, gifs and reaction sliders added to the process of creating Instagram stories, it has truly become a creative medium of delivering your brand image. But what are some pointers you need to keep in mind while using Instagram stories to build your brand? Let’s find out.
Story highlights are the best way to put up all the relevant content about your brand without causing a deluge of information on your main feed. Organise each story into a different category and make sure that you compartmentalise them in a way that makes it extremely easy for your users to explore different highlights for different purposes.
Use the Polls feature to make your instagram account more interactive and relevant to your followers. The most important part is that you can use this feature to help you greatly in making business decisions, by studying the data provided by these polls in market research, customer feedback, and simply learning what your customers are thinking and have to say about you.
Promote Your Recent Posts
According to the current Instagram algorithms, it is extremely important how fast each of your posts are seen by your followers and engaged by them. As a recent trend, brands have started sharing their latest posts on their instagram stories which are generally seen faster by followers. To ensure that your followers actually tap on the post, open it, like it and maybe even share it, you should ideally cover the actual post on your story with stickers or gifs so that a certain mystery remains and your followers tap on the post out of sheer curiosity.
Using the Questions feature to gain customer feedback or engage your followers does not only help you in gathering vital data and gauging the mental inclinations of your customer base, but also goes a long way in establishing your brand. Asking questions (and sometimes sharing the answers as well) increases your transparency, reliability and approachability manifold.
Giveaways and Contests
Instagram stories are the perfect place to hold contests and giveaways as the fact that they have a time limit of 24 hours greatly increases the urgency and immediacy of any such event. You can promote any new product or service by asking your followers to share your page, a particular post, or even a screenshot of your instagram story and tagging you in it to greatly increase your traction online. Use the right hashtags and continuously nudge your followers in the right direction by reminding them of the deadline and the rules of the competition.
Instagram Live is a great way to trend on Instagram, as the more likes and views your live video gets, the higher chance it has of featuring in the ‘Top Live’ section of the ‘Explore’ page. Before doing a live event, make sure you promote it well in advance so you get maximum viewers for the actual video and your customers tune in at the time you have asked them to. You can use the Instagram Live feature to launch new products and services, hold Q/A sessions, have a celebrity interview or even just show your customers around your workplace and your creation process. An extremely important benefit of this feature is that a live video is the first thing they will see in their stories carousel, and so the probability of a follower catching your live show is very high!
When it comes to entertainment, YouTube has always been a pioneer- however, in recent times, it’s also emerging as one of the top platforms for marketers worldwide for brand development. The reason for this is not tough to crack- after all, about 1/3rd of the total online time spent by users is spent watching videos. YouTube in particular has more than a billion users, and is so accessible and omnipresent that it can be viewed in more than 76 languages. It is also the second largest search engine and can thus feed greatly into your SEO campaigns.
Here are some strategies and ways you can employ YouTube marketing to generate leads and market your products and services:
There are two types of YouTube ads:
- Video Discovery ads appear on the YouTube homepage after a user searches for something. They also appear as related videos when a user is watching a YouTube video. As soon as a user clicks on this ad, they are directed to and start watching the video advertising your brand.
- In-stream Ads are ads that play within (mostly at the starting of) a YouTube video. Normally, a user can skip the ad after 5 seconds, but sometimes an ad can appear mid-way a video and last for almost 10 minutes.
Creating a Branded YouTube Channel
Rather than uploading videos and creating content from your personal YouTube account, you should establish a specialised store channel which represents your business. The display picture should be your logo, and even the banner should reflect your company name. You can create playlists about different aspects of your content and products- may it be products reviews, tutorials, product launch videos, or even just general trivia about your store. This will make it easy for users to look for products they are interested in buying, and also extend your web presence into a more organised and professional setting. After all, according to a report published by MultiVisionDigital, there is a 64% higher chance of a user buying a product after watching a product video.
- Using Analytics : One of the primary benefits of using YouTube is the extensive data and breakdown which the platform provides for each of your videos. Beyond just looking at the total number of views, learn to read the data and analyse it to determine exactly what is working and what isn’t. Go through the numbers of your sources of traffic, utilise the Audience Retention feature to see how many viewers are actually finishing watching your video (and if they’re not, at which point they’re stopping the video), and study the demographics of your audience and how you need to cater to them.
- Using Annotations : Annotations are features that enable you to insert texts or links over your video during its duration. These can greatly increase user engagement, and also make your videos much more appealing to watch. Most importantly, you can link your products during a video so that if the customer is interested, they can directly go and buy it. However, be careful not to use too many annotations as they can clutter your video and make it confusing to watch.
- Consistency : Perhaps the most important aspect of marketing on YouTube is being consistent with your content creation. If you have random bouts of complete absence from the platform, then you are likely to lose a majority of your subscribers. Ideally, you should post a video at least once every 2 weeks (which you can stretch to once a month at most). Your brand needs to constantly grow, and that will not happen if your channel becomes stagnant.
The bottom line is, the best way to attract customers and build a following which helps you develop your brand is to create compelling, stimulating content. YouTube is one of the biggest giants on the internet, and it’s time for you to employ it to reach out to an untapped consumer base!
Read about Pinterest Marketing – https://www.digihashtag.com/pinterest-marketing/
Google Ads, which used to be called Google Adwords, is a paid form of advertising with Google. In today’s day and age, it is considered perhaps the most beneficial method of reaching out to new customers and eventually growing your business. However, if you’re looking to branch into this advertising module, then you need to know everything about Google Ads so that you get the maximum return on the amount you spend, capitalise to the highest degree, and don’t make any rookie mistakes.
What are Google Ads?
If you are using Google Ads, there are two primary methods via which you can target customers: the Search Network and the Display Network.
The Search Network includes the popular “pay-per-click advertising”, wherein you will have to bid, along with your competitors, on certain keywords. These keywords are resonant of your business, its products and services. If you win the bid, Google will show advertisements for you firm when users enter these keywords into Google while searching for a query. This form is also commonly referred to as “paid search”.
The Display Network will give you the option of placing banners which advertise your business on certain websites which are a part of this network. The important thing to note is that this network reaches a whopping 90% of the total online users- which is more than enough to guarantee a large audience which can potentially become converted customers.
How much does it cost?
In the USA, the average cost per click for a Google Ad in almost all industries is between 1-2 dollars. However, certain keywords can even cost up to $50! In India, however, the average cost is much lower.
There are various facets which affect the cost of a Google ad: which country you’re operating from, how effective your advertising content is, and most importantly, how competitive and in demand that particular keyword is in your industry.
A Few Terms To Keep In Mind
- AdRank: This determines where your ad will be placed. You should strive to get the highest AdRank possible, because the higher the value, the more apparent your ad will. If it’s placed higher up, more people will see it, and thus there is a higher probability of people clicking on it and you getting a higher conversion rate. Your AdRank is a result of your maximum bid multiplied by your Quality Score.
- CPC: Cost-per-click is value of money you pay for each click on your ad.
- CPM: Cost-per-mile is the amount of money you pay for when your ad is shown to a thousand people.
- CPE: Cost-per-engagement is the amount of money you pay for a customer to take a guaranteed engagement with your ad.
- CTR: Click-through Rate is the fraction of actual clicks you get on your ad in comparison to the total number of views your ad gets.
- CVR: Conversion Rate measures how many people actually convert to buying your product compared to how many visited your website.
- Quality Score: The Quality Score of your ad is determined by factors such as your CTR, the quality of your website and landing page, and the relevance of your keywords. The QS is a determinant of your AdRank.
If you’re looking into how to spend your advertising budget, and are especially interested in digital marketing, then Google Ads are the first stop you need to make. Google has over 246 million users and engaged with 3.5 billion daily interactions. Most importantly, Google Ads are estimated to provide a 700% return on investment! If you’re going to spend on advertising, then this is the safest and most sure-shot way of getting conversions.
Effective Steps For PPC – https://www.digihashtag.com/10-steps-for-effective-ppc-campaign/
While most people tend to think that Testimonials are just an extra cushioning to their website or social media, they may actually hold a lot more power than one might believe. They aren’t just something that are nice to have- they are a necessity which greatly impacts your business.
What are Testimonials?
A testimonial is any statement (it can be in the form of text, a video or even an image) which supports your business’s professionalism and work ethic. These are extremely powerful for garnering trust amongst new prospective customers, by leveraging the trust previous customers have already expressed in you.
Are they really important?
According to a study by Zendesk, approximately 90% of customers and users online admitted that reading a positive review online greatly affects their purchasing decisions. Word of mouth is, after all, one of the most powerful forces which can build a business from the ground up. Testimonials work and have a potent persuasive power because they provide social proof. It’s all about psychology, and it has been proven that any individual is more likely to replicate the behaviour of someone else if we deem is positive and fruitful.
How can you harness the power of Testimonials?
- Collect Testimonials: The first step is to start actively looking out for customers who can provide you with positive testimonials. Do not hesitate to ask any client for feedback or review of your work, and if it is positive, then share it immediately. If you have ever gone above and beyond for any customer or provided any special service, be sure to ask that customer for a testimonial delineating his customer experience working with you. You can use automated emails, customer satisfaction surveys, or even apps to collect regular testimonials.
- Make Them Fun: Testimonials don’t just have to be formal, written emails which you later put up on your website. You can also make video testimonials- something which is a lot more engaging for anyone visiting your website or going through your social media. If you have text-based reviews, you can also get your graphic designer to make images which have the most impactful quotes from the review and then share the images. The point is to get as many people as possible to actually read and absorb the positive reviews.
- Explore All Platforms: Don’t just stick to sharing your testimonial on your website and facebook account- there are several more avenues you can explore to getting the word out there. You can put your testimonials on your blogs, newsletters, email campaigns, instagram stories, brochures and press releases. This not only expands your online presence manifold, but also acknowledges and appreciates the customer who took the time out to write a testimonial for you.
The vitality and efficiency of testimonials is something which cannot be undermined. In fact, when WikiJob ran a test on a site page which had testimonials and compared it to one which did not, it found that the page with testimonials had almost 34% more conversions. The presence of testimonials is an effective tool which directly leads to more conversions and lead generation.
In the world of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, Pinterest is something which is often seen at the sidelines- and yet, It’s potency is something which cannot be undermined. If used correctly, Pinterest can prove to be one of the most effective marketing tools at our disposal.
How Pinterest Works ?
Pinterest is a social media platform which is centered around the idea of visuals and bringing visuals together in order to deliver an idea. The users are called “pinners”, and they can share, save, organise and promote videos and images (called “pins”) from all over the internet. This has made Pinterest perhaps the biggest search engine for visual content on the internet. Since most of these visuals are shared with each other and visible to everyone, Pinterest Marketing can prove to one of the most effective ways of promoting ayour products and services.
Why choose Pinterest Marketing?
Pinterest as a platform has grown manifold over the years. Especially for niche audiences, or targeting a customer group which is very narrow and specified, pinterest is perhaps the best platform to spread the word about your products and services. It has currently an approximated 250 million active users who use the social media platform on a monthly basis. Even though the users are comparatively lesser than, say, Instagram, Pinterest might be a more beneficial option as its users are more engaged and invested, and have a much higher chance of clicking on your product.
Effective Strategies for Pinterest Marketing
In order to truly capitalise on pinterest marketing and ensuring that you get optimum results and increased traffic, here are some tips to guide your marketing efforts.
- Create content related to your brand, and make sure it is informative and helpful. For example, a company selling beauty products should create pinterest boards which provide tips and beauty hacks, makeup recommendations and product reviews. This will attract authentic audiences to your pinterest, and help you in selling your products as the best ones to them in an organic way.
- You can leverage group boards to increase your reach. You can collaborate with Pinterest users who have a large and loyal following, and use them to reach out to a wider customer base and increase traffic to your own board
- Start a Pinterest Board that has the relevant pins for your products and industry. Develop attractive pinboards for your business, and regularly update and maintain them so that all of your followers are constantly engaged and reminded of your inputs, expertise and most importantly- your products.
- Make sure you use the correct keywords when labelling your pinboard and deciding topic headings. Research about the most searched for keywords and make sure that you incorporate them in your pins.
- There are several types of visual content you can share- may it be images, videos, infographics or even gifs. Make sure you create and share content which gets the maximum repins, and which is attractive to your niche audience.
Pinterest is a pandora’s box waiting to be explored and utilised the right way. For e-commerce businesses especially, it is the perfect medium to reach out to your target audience. After all, studies show that 93% of Pinterest users admit that they use the platform to plan and explore their purchases and different products. Why not add yours as an option?
Digital marketing is indubitably the need of the hour. The right content and brand development on social media is considered to either make or break your business. However, in a world inundated with social media accounts and competitors, what can you do to stand out? For an E-commerce in particular, the right social media game plan can go a long way in increasing traffic and authentic lead generation. Here are a few strategies which can pave the way to having a well-managed and efficient social media presence:
Consistency in publishing content
In order to hold your customers’ attention and grow your social media following over time, it is extremely vital to be regular in sharing relevant, engaging content. Look into how often studies show you should post in a particular social media channel, and strictly publish content accordingly and maintain your online presence.
The game of Hashtags
Rather than having a barrage of hashtags accompanying every post, strive to build your brand using hashtags that are relevant and meaningful. You can use tools like Hootsuite and Hashtagify which can help you target the right hashtags and follow up on multiple leads using them. In case of particular campaigns or events, be sure to curate a memorable and catchy hashtag to accompany your promotions.
Infographics are great not only for having better user experience on your social media and attracting customers, but also for SEO and building traffic. Furthermore, since there is comparatively a lesser inundation of infographics online compared to text based blogs, there is a higher chance of other websites or social media accounts linking your infographic to their content. Thus, this will increase your site traffic manifold.
Creating quizzes, polls and other interactive content
Quizzes and polls not only pull your audience in and actually make them interact with your account and presence, but may be beneficial in promotions as well. By creating shareable quizzes or polls, your audience will share posts curated by you on their individual social media accounts- something which links back to your website or platform, and in turn attracts more customers to take that same quiz.
Enabling shopping on Instagram
By enabling shopping on Instagram, you can directly link your products to your social media presence. You increase ease of shopping for your customers, and while scrolling through their Instagram, they can simply click on a product which has caught their fancy and instantly buy it. This linking to your social media is direct and can prove to be very powerful.
Running an influencer campaign is something which needs to be done right. Rather than picking arbitrary influencers on the basis of their following, it is imperative to pick someone who has a brand with the same value as yours. Their audience should be in common with your target audience, so that when they promote your product, it is not wasted on thousands of people who do not care about that industry or type of merchandise- rather, by ensuring that you target a select people who will definitely be interested in your products, you drive up guaranteed sales and run a successful influencer campaign
Retailers and brands all over the world have now expanded into e-commerce counterparts. In all probability, if you are a retailer, then most of your competitors have already joined the online crusade of e-commerce platforms. Is it still safe to stick to the old methods of buying and selling- or has the time come for you, too, to adapt to the changing times and invest in an e-commerce website? Here are some reasons why you should definitely think about creating your virtual store.
Reach a Global Market
The internet is the only medium which you can use to bridge differences of location, time and accessibility in order to truly make your products available to anyone, anywhere. Opposed to an offline store, which is limited by working hours, a particular neighborhood or town, and a limited clientele, an e-commerce website grants you the freedom to be available 24×7 to a global market. After all, studies show that 80% of the web population has made a purchase online- why not buy into a target group that is already spending?
Customers the world over are opting for online shopping services over their offline counterparts. With giants like Amazon and Flipkart operating in the market, we have seen a steady decline in customers visiting actual stores to buy what they need. After all, if they can receive what they want sitting at home, at their doorstep, why would they make the effort to visit a physical store? The ease, efficiency and reliability of online stores has been proven time and again, and it’s time to jump the bandwagon when it comes to expanding your business to e-commerce.
The overheads and costs of establishing your virtual store are considerably lesser than a physical store. The costs of renting a shop, insurance, employee salaries and bonuses, utility bills and other collateral expenses are all negated in an online store. You as an entrepreneur can run your business efficiently, maximise profits and spend your capital only on things which really matter.
Advantage of Search Engines
Your location and accessibility in the real world is no longer a cause for concern- rather, your visibility online via search engines is what will make or break your brand. Your skills to manipulate your rank in search engines will directly determine how noticeable your business is. A customer who may not ever have heard of your store in real life, has a good chance of stumbling across it online while looking for similar products. An E-commerce website grants you a platform to reach out to customers and become an option which they can opt for.
Social Media and Digital marketing is the present and future of marketing in today’s day and age- and the best way to capitalise on is by having a virtual product to sell. Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and paid digital marketing options like Carousel Ads and Google Adwords have made it possible for you to directly market your virtual store to your customers. You can build up your customers’ trust with ratings, reviews and testimonials. You can also regularly market new products so that with a simple click, your customers can immediately buy the product (an immediacy which is postponed when it comes to offline stores).
Having an e-commerce store presents you with the ability to increase your conversion rate many times over. Every brand needs to adapt with the times, and for now, the calling is for an online virtual store which presents convenience to your customers seamlessly.
If you’re confused about where to start, you can always partner with brands like Digihashtag who specialise in e-commerce web development, who make the process extremely hassle-free and efficient!
People may not have a bank account, may not have a computer, may not have any of the things deemed “necessary” in today’s world- but they will surely have a mobile device. We are living in the mobile age, and brands and e-commerce retailers the world over are now adapting their business models to fit into the requirements of this system. For an e-commerce business, how important are mobile applications? Is it something you need to invest in, and expand your business from it’s browser to an app? Let’s find out.
Customers Use mobile Apps More Often Than Browsers
Most customers admit that they would much rather access an e-commerce store via an app rather than a browser on the web or their mobile phone. This preference is not surprising, as E-commerce mobile applications are much more convenient, especially if the customer is a frequent visitor. Applications remember the customer’s details, wishlist, shopping cart history, and have a much more seamless and updated interface which makes their shopping experience better in multiple ways. In fact, a survey showed that 78% of customers said that they would prefer using a mobile app rather than visiting the store on a mobile browser.
Better User Experience
The layout and interface of mobile apps is immeasurably more convenient, aesthetic and user friendly than a mobile or web browser. Navigation is easy, and the layout is relatively simpler- which can prove to be highly advantageous for you. There are no distracting banners, popups or buttons in most mobile apps, and the way your store is presented will not be flooded by irrelevant data. All of this will make your customers check out faster, and also increase customer loyalty as they’ll come back for the easy experience.
Decrease Your Cart Abandonment Rate
It is much easier to close a browser window than delete an app. When a customer abandons his cart on a browser, chances are that he’ll never visit again. However, when it comes to mobile apps, every-time the customer opens the app he will see the products lying in his cart, and sooner or later, will checkout. A study by Baymard tells us that while the card abandonment rate on a website is 68%, it cuts down to a whopping 28% only on mobile apps.
The fact that a customer is simply downloading your mobile app is a good marker of customer loyalty. People who visit browsers normally do so for a one-time query or to look up details. People who download apps, however, are investing a longer term commitment and are ready to buy. Statistics show that people spend about 4 times as much time on mobile apps than they do on mobile browsers. The presence of your mobile app on their mobile devices serves as a constant brand reminder- your logo is always in front of them, ready to be clicked and explored. This directly increased the level of customer loyalty you garner from your users. A study by Criteo proved that people who use your mobile app are 2 times as likely to return to your store rather than someone who is accessing the mobile browser.
Engage With The Phone’s Inbuilt Features
You can use several features of a mobile phone to your advantage while marketing and selling products from your store. For example, the GPS feature can be used by you to determine the addresses of customers automatically for delivery, and suggest nearby stores to them for ease of shopping. Mobile cameras can also be used to increase engagement on social media platforms and spread knowledge about how your products look in real life. Lastly, the microphone feature can be used as a part of your UI to make it easier for customers to find what they’re looking for by simply speaking the product name.
The benefits of launching a mobile app for your virtual store are immeasurable. Mobile apps are the present, most definitely the future, and expanding your e-commerce business is an investment you should most definitely be looking into. With partners like DigiHashtag, which make the creation of your mobile app immediate and seamless, the entire process is streamlined and made completely hassle free!
In today’s day and age, it has become increasingly common to hire freelancers for jobs like web development, content writing, graphic designing, etc. The trend is constantly on the rise, but along with this rise arises a question: How efficient are freelancers? What are the pros and cons to hiring them over an established agency or company? Which option should you opt for? Let’s find out.
Freelancers supposedly cost a lot less than hiring an agency or company for your web development. A freelancer will also cost less than hiring a permanent employee for the work, as you’ll be saved from incurring costs like health benefits, perks, bonuses, etc. However, how efficient is this cost saving? Having your website developed by a freelancer who is in all probability also working on multiple other projects at the same time, does not only lead to you receiving a mass-produced and generic platform, but also means that the person working on your website (unlike a dedicated employee who is working solely on that one project) simply is not in a position to give their 100% to you. So you might save on costs, but how efficient this saving is, is debatable.
Perhaps the biggest cons of hiring a freelancer is the lack of accountability. If you opt to work with a web development company of good repute, chances are that they have worked with multiple clients before and more importantly, have a brand value which increases their accountability manifold. One of the biggest headaches of working with a freelancer is running after them, trying to meet deadlines, and working with the constant anxiety that he may go rogue and abandon your project. With a web development company like Digihashtag, for example, your working progress will be carefree and smooth.
Quality of Work
As there is no supervision, the quality of work received from a freelancer is highly unpredictable. When you’re working with a web development company, they have previous clients and a portfolio which is normally quite extensive. Furthermore, they have resources much more extravagant than a freelancer, whose working style is more often that not limited to his own skills. In an agency, however, many team members come together to work on a single project, give their own individual inputs and impart their skill sets onto the website they are developing. It can thus be safe to assume that the quality of work you will receive from a web development company will be more dependable than that from a freelancer.
Finding the right partner
The time spent reaching out to freelancers, interviewing them, vetting their portfolios, and hiring the right one is time lost that you will never get back. Even after all this work, in many cases the freelancer that seemed perfect to create your website may end up being unproductive, ill equipped or simply lacking the work ethic needed to complete your project. A simpler, faster alternative is hiring a company which has a good reputation and a strong client base. This ensures that they will deliver projects on a timely basis, and that you need not be paranoid about them flaking out on you last minute. You enter into a legally binding contract, get a representative from the company to work with you at all times, and ensure that your website is developed in the most efficient manner possible.
The debate between freelancers and companies and which alternative is better is an age-old one. While freelancers might have an edge in terms of flexibility or cost, when it comes to overall payoff and the returns you get on your investment, an agency will always be the safer, more reliable option.
The European Union’s Generate Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is going to come into effect from 25th May, 2019. What is the GDPR? Is it something that is going to affect you? What does it mean for the E-commerce industry? Let’s find out.
What is GDPR?
The GDPR is a regulation passed by the EU in the interest of the privacy of its citizens. It has made it compulsory for businesses to protect and safeguard the personal data of EU citizens for any and all transactions which take place within its member states. Non-compliance is something which would have to be paid for heavily by the offending company. All sorts of customer data would be encompassed in the regulation: IP addresses, social media posts, pictures, bank details and any important identification numbers like NI or SSNs. Regardless of where the data originated from, it should be used only with the customer’s permission, stores safely and safeguarded, and ultimately be an opt-in option.
What kind of companies does it affect?
Contrary to what most people think, you do not need to be operating within the EU or have a business presence within its geographical boundaries in order to be affected by the GDPR. If your company, regardless of from where it operates, stores or manages personal data and information about EU citizens, it must comply with the GDPR. In fact, a recent survey by PwC revealed that 92% of companies from the USA will be affected by the GDPR and consider it a very important data protection priority.
Another survey by Propeller Insights and sponsored by Netsparker Ltd. asked executives which industries would be most affected by GDPR. Most (53 percent) saw the technology sector being most impacted followed by online retailers (45 percent), software companies (44 percent), financial services (37 percent), online services/SaaS (34 percent), and retail/consumer packaged goods (33 percent).
GDPR and E-Commerce
The cost of non-compliance is extremely heavy for SMEs and making a mistake with regards to customer data simply cannot be afforded. There are fines which can go up to 20 million euros, or 4% of a company’s total annual revenue- all of which reinforces the simple fact, that in today’s day and age, data must be safeguarded and stored securely. For E-commerce businesses, this means greater accountability for how and where they are storing their data- and for companies using third-party software partners, their data may in fact be stored at multiple locations. For e-commerce businesses like these, encryption should become the first and foremost priority and strict rules should be reinforced pertaining to data access.
If your company is operating in the cloud, then the transition might be a bit more seamless for you. Large companies like Shopify will have a better advantage in becoming 100% compliant, as they had the resources to start working on modifying their business processes as soon as the regulation was announced about a year ago. If your e-commerce business uses in-house servers or you have invested in custom softwares to manage your data, then you will need to employ a team to test and audit your system for any chinks and then take action accordingly to safeguard your data and ensure your firewall is impenetrable. However, the most important facet is receiving consent from all your customers and using their personal data in a GDPR compliant way
CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management, and as the name suggests, it is a mechanism for managing, developing and keeping track of your relationship with your customers. As we all know, your customer is your king, and CRM is perhaps the most important key in ensuring that he feels that way.
CRM consists of several strategies, technologies and tools which are used for tracking potential customers, managing communication with them, increasing customer loyalty, and increasing overall profits and revenue of your business.
Now, the question is, why is CRM important for your E-commerce business? Is it something you need to invest in? Is it the the industry norm?
CRM softwares and tools are used by companies in all facets of the E-commerce industry, and their usage has become a necessity to maximise profits. In fact, a report by Gartnerwhich was published in 2017 found that CRM software revenues have now overtaken database management systems to become the largest of all the software markets!
What are the benefits of CRM?
- Lead Management: Identifying and categorising leads can be done in a matter of seconds by using the right CRM tool. You can recognize authentic leads immediately, and reach out to them through a variety of marketing and sales tactics and monitor how well each individual tactic is doing.
- Customer Data: By learning more about individual customers, their interests and spending habits through a CRM tool which helps you to do just that, you can then target your marketing strategies (like online ads) in a way which will present your customers with services that will be the most attractive to them!
- Important Statistics: How many people visited your e-commerce site? How many of them added products to your cart? How many of them actually bought these products, and how many of them left the website without paying? Keep a track of all these relevant numbers and data, and take measures to increase client conversion rates and increase sales! According to a study by Baymard, the average cart abandonment rate is an astounding 68.81%! Employ a CRM tool to convert these potential customers into loyal shoppers.
- Track Communication: On several occasions it becomes exasperating to keep a track of all your customer complaints, comments, suggestions and queries. An efficient CRM tool can help you manage your communication and data to make your response time faster and much more efficient.
- Streamline Social Media: Merge all your contact points into one tool. Centralise your communication with your customers via various social media channels and your website, and manage all of them efficiently through a CRM system.
- Order Management: For an e-commerce business, order management is perhaps one of the most imperative features that a CRM tool can boast of. You can manage and keep track of orders placed, delivery status, shipment tracking, feedback received, orders cancelled and complaints lodged.
- Make well-informed decisions: Using a CRM tool brings along with it a wealth of data and insightful numbers. Keep a track of which products are performing well, which campaigns are directly increasing profits, and how your target audience is responding to your services and digital presence. Make well-informed strategies and targeted endeavours using an efficient system.
Thus, the benefits of using a CRM tool, especially for an e-commerce business, are myriad. The question is not whether your business needs a CRM system, but which one so you can maximise your efficiency and streamline most processes. The result will not only increase revenues, but also add to your overall brand value manifold!
What is SEM?
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is one amongst the foremost effective online advertising channels that let firms expeditiously acquire new as well as activate existing customers at low acquisition prices. Search engine marketing is defined as a great promotional and advertising tool for both small as well as medium-sized firms and businesses.
Why SEM is necessary for businesses?
Digital promoting campaigns in today’s digitized and the tech-advanced world have been essential in order for a company or business to reach a larger group of an audience or target customers. Going digital suggests that you are exploring the world of internet for your success and to reach your business goals and, as such, provides you with a versatile promoting potential. Because of the increasing digitization and advancement in the field of technology we have also witnessed innovation and inventions as well as improvements in the techniques related to digital marketing that also offers new ways and techniques to reach target audiences as well as keep the trust of the existing ones. With the help of this innovative tool called digital search engine marketing your business gets success in reaching more and more customers and therefore increasing your sales and revenue. SEM broadly is a complete collection of techniques which can be used to generate more traffic of potential customers from the search engines to your website or business. SEM when done right can greatly improve and enhance the promotion of websites by increasing the visibility of the business/product in the pages of search engine results.
Let us understand the effect of search engine digital marketing campaigns :
A campaign which is done for digital marketing makes optimum use of the available digital media platforms so as to succeed in gaining customers within the market. In being, the web is arguably the quickest growing digital platform within the world nowadays (well, it does have a considerable amount of dynamic marketing possibilities). As search engines have opened doors for many big enterprises to advertise their brand and product it isn’t doubtful that they will prove to be useful for small and medium-sized businesses. A point that should be considered is to make the most of the search engine marketing so that you get more website traffic and more views on your product.
Advantages of Search Engine Marketing :
- Helps in increasing brand awareness
- It can generate more online leads and thus increase the sales
- Helps sell products, services as well as content on the internet
- It can also offer the enterprise information and educational content
Search engine marketing for all kinds of businesses has become a necessity in today’s Internet-driven world. There are more than 3 billion people who use internet for doing most of the stuff, so it is also a fact that a company might think that if it will create a website it would essentially mean constant growth, and an increase in their revenue. But many small sized and medium enterprises still assume the world of internet to be out of their reach as they consider it to be too expensive, and they also think that it will not completely help their business to reach the target customers in the market.
Today the customer checks the products and its reviews online before they go ahead with purchasing it. That is why SMEs which realize the full potential of search engine marketing to make their services or products reach its target market surely scores big when compared to their competitors in the market. Although it can be a tedious task for small and medium enterprises to benefit from the digital means of marketing, the long term and short term results which they see after implementing it can be amazing. A digital promoting/marketing campaign uses the potential of the internet to achieve success in your brand’s target market. No doubt the search engine marketing advantage can be fruitful for any kind of business and yes any kind of business can benefit from them: so whether it is a local ice cream parlour or a big multinational automotive company, and everything in between, it is safe to assume that your audience uses the internet and the most famous and in trend social media networks to assemble data regarding their client desires. You simply need to adapt your search engine marketing campaign in a way so as to maximize its outreach and get more customers interested in your business.
Benefits of search engine marketing for small and medium-sized enterprises:
- Economical: Search engine marketing provides the user a greater rate of interest when compared to the traditional ways of marketing as the old methods of advertising involve high costs which keep fluctuating as you change your type. There are 3 main types of promoting or marketing strategies: development, production, and implementation costs. SEM definitely means more success too, you can use SEM campaigns to advertise your business and products and make them reach the target customers. It is low budget but definitely makes you earn high profits as more customers are directed to your website.
- Connect with the target audience: Search engine marketing and its main aim is to let the company get the required customer attention. Content, Social Media Management are important aspects of Digital Marketing . Did you recognize that more than half of the online searches are regarding merchandise or services? So if you properly plan your search engine marketing campaign then you can get your potential customers to your website and also keep them engaged and glued to your business for a longer time.
It is a proven fact that for small and medium businesses the digital search engine marketing platform can help maximize their company’s growth via search engine optimization, content marketing, and more! So if you are still not armed with this tool of digital marketing then it is the perfect time to unleash the ability of the Internet.
Augmented Reality (AR) is a technological breakthrough, which are emerging technologies all set to change the world. Consistently, this technology is proving to be beneficial and resourceful in day to day lives. The most celebrated part about augmented reality technology is that it combines the virtual into the real; the imaginary into reality. In this way, it works to give us a higher transcendental understanding of even some of our most basic senses like hearing, sight, feeling, etc.
It can be confidently said that augmented reality lies in the middle of the technological spectrum. In a way, it is a sort of mixed reality, which achieves an equilibrium between the real world, and that what is virtual.
Crux of Augmented Reality
It is at the crux, an enhanced version of reality, where images are overlapped and super-imposed through machine imaging. As the name suggests, augmented refers to adding or enhancing something, and this is exactly why augmented reality is enhanced reality.
It is enhanced due to the graphics, sounds, touch features that escalate what we feel beyond the natural world, and secure a strong user experience. Tracing back its origins, in the year 1968, a professor of Harvard University who is also a renowned computer scientist, by the name of Ivan Sutherland, invented a concept called the Sword of Damocles.
This was a head mounted display, wherein consumers could experience computer graphics. This phenomenon made the users feel as if they are in an artificial or alternate reality. However, since this was the budding of virtual reality, the origin is also credited to the trace of augmented reality.
Louis Rosenburg in 1992 residing in the USAF Armstrong’s Research Lab helped produce the first, fully operational and defined augmented reality mechanism. This robotic system in away helped improve efficiency. Thus, augmented reality in its true essence collaborates the real and the created, through the help of computing images and this helps us perform different tasks with higher and greater efficiency.
There are several use cases of augmented reality which help better day to day functioning in several sectors:
1) Military: In the defence field, augmented reality can be used in battlefield advantage, reducing distractions, providing effective information in one glance, and more
2) Medical: In this arena, Augmented reality works wonders. It can display important medical information of a patient, directly in front of the surgeon to enhance precision. Moreover, it helps in reducing surgical or diagnostic mistakes, and also improved surgical accuracy.
3) Navigation: perhaps one of the greatest uses of this technology is in the sector of navigation. Firstly, it helps create a driver friendly experience. Next, it has several augmented reality applications of high quality, moreover, it can display proper and necessary information while driving so the drivers’ eyes need not be shifted away from the road. Subsequently, this will reduce the road side accidents.
4) Tourism and Sightseeing: the hospitality industry is increasingly including emerging technologies. In this realm, what will be beneficial is the access to libraries of information, integrating virtual elements into the travelling experience, getting instant updates, and knowing more about your surroundings.
5) Maintenance: again, there will be an access to a pool of information. One does not need to pause their work to be able to search for a particular piece of information. Additionally, all the instructions and know how’s will be available in one glance.
Thus, apart from several other industries, augmented reality sees great potential in the ones mentioned above, and more.
While such advances exist, it is necessary to examine their pros and cons.
The most prominent advantages include that one can experience the world no matter where one is. It will give instant advantage of a brilliant user experience. Moreover, it aids drastically in training and planning. Especially with regard to the military, it will help prepare all for the most tedious circumstances. Adding to this, is the real time feedback. The instant feature of augmented reality is what makes it preferable and efficient.
On the other side, there are several cons as well. Firstly, it breaches privacy to a great extent. It places too much power in one individual. Additionally, with the increase in technological advancements, people are continuously shifting away from the real world, and augmented reality, does exactly this. It prohibits social interaction and human integration.
While such aspects exist, the future seems bright as the emergence of AR with wireless technologies will leave no stone unturned. It’s main competition is virtual reality, however, even in that regard, VR and AR have both crafted their respective domains.
“Computers will overtake humans with AI within the next 100 years. When that happens, we need to make sure that computers have goals aligned with ours.”- Stephen Hawking
As predicted by the renowned scientist and technological revolutionary, artificial intelligence is making its way slowly, steadily, into the domain of everyday lives.
Artificial intelligence and robotics are a robust amalgamation of efficiency and speed. Throughout the years, artificial intelligence, with its application into robotics has become a common phenomenon, especially when the robot Sophia gained citizenship status recently. It is slowly an integration of human and robot tendencies which have great potential for success and prosperity.
At the crux, artificial intelligence is when human intelligence and processes are stimulated with computer systems. Some of these features include learning, reasoning, and also, self-correction. The most prominent Artificial intelligence elements include expertise, speech recognition, machine vision, facial recognition, and more.
The history of artificial intelligence can be traced back to not quite long ago. Artificial intelligence and robotics work as emerging technologies in the field of technological revolution. Though the idea that inanimate and non-living objects performing intelligent functions was a corollary of the Green and Chinese mythology as well.
The substantial origin can be regarded as the time in 1956 when in the Dartmouth College, the term artificial intelligence came into being. Marvin Minsky was supportive of this concept and thus regarded this technology as one with great potential.
Recently, aspects like Chatbot, and more have brought new dimensions to it. Updated version several tests escalated this technology into the robust revolution it is today.
There are several types of artificial intelligence and robotics including reactive machines, limited memory, theory of mind, self-awareness, and more.
Applications Of Artificial Intelligence
1) Healthcare: Artificial intelligence and robotics have taken healthcare by a storm. It helps in garnering efficiency, precision, and much more. It is not prone to mistakes which makes it suitable for a field like health
2) Business: in this field, highly repetitive tasks can be done efficiently. The algorithms integrated into analytics will help garner technology like chatbots and more. It also aids in automation of certain positions.
3) Education: artificial intelligence and robotics is revolutionary in the field of education. It can better train the educators, adapt to the needs of the students, provide additional support, and much more.
4) Finance: this is where personal data collection and providing financial planning can be best achieved.
5) Law: scanning through documents, saving time, providing essential data efficiently, are all the tasks which artificial intelligence and robotics can complete.
6) Manufacturing: the manual labour can be significantly shifted to these automated devices.
There are several advantages and disadvantages attached in the form of pros and cons to this technology.
Pros include, lessening the space for error, right decision making, implementing artificial intelligence in the field of risky situations like military and more. It can also work on repetitive tasks.
Cons include, that it is too expensive to implement in bulk scenarios. Moreover, it increases the human dependency on machinery where there is a very fine line between using the help of robots and letting robots use us. Additionally, it will increase unemployment as it works to reduce human labour, and there is a restricted amount of work that AI can do.
Thus, the future, although is bright in terms of better accessibility, enhancing the human interaction interface and more. Perhaps its biggest competition is the increased use of Robotics and machine learning. The existing technologies are being made more intelligent which may give competition to the creation of new AI altogether. However, this is a field where substantial potential lies and incomparable progress can be made.
3D printing also known as additive manufacturing is “a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital file.” Creating the final 3D object from the file is made possible by using additive processes. An additive process is one which creates an object by layering successive layers of the same material until the object is created in the preferred dimensions.
This technology is seen as a breakthrough. It stands against the process of subtractive manufacturing which consists of hollowing out piece of metal or plastic with a machine. This is done till the desired shape is produced
- 3D printing has been around for a while. In fact, the first successful patent model for 3D printing was established in 1986.
- Yes, the first idea and patent for 3D printing was laid out in Japan in the year 1981. Unfortunately, due to lack of funds the plan was never executed in Japan. The idea moved to France they developed the design and structure. In 1984, they too attempted to apply for the patent but stopped due to a lack of funds.
- In the same year, Charles Hull, a furniture manufacturer suggested a process similar to 3D printing to make the furniture factory workers jobs easier. The same year he presented his invention for patenting – fortunate enough to receive funding. He called this technology stereolithography. The patent was issued two years later and Charles moved on to create his own company 3D Systems. Their first product released in 1988 was the SLA-1.
- The invention of the first 3D printer was followed with many changes and variations to support the changing times. Today, the 3D printer is regarded as a revolutionary force changing the dynamics of every industry.
- The technology is available at affordable rates across the world. It offers you the convenience of printing objects you wish to have but do not wish to purchase, all from home.
- The functioning of the device is easy to understand as it works like an Inkjet printer. While an Inkjet printer lays ink on a document to print text, a 3D printer lays the material on a print bed to print an object of your choice. The software is customizable and has an uncomplicated interface.
- The materials available for printing are nylon, plastic, steel and wood. The wood and steel filaments are infused into plastic filaments and are not 100%. The end result is still gorgeous and meets all your requirements so that is not of much concern.
- Industrial 3D printers are a little different, as their material range varies a lot for instance; they offer ceramic, wax and other materials you cannot accommodate in your desktop printer. These printers are also expensive in comparison.
Application: 3D printing is applied in various industries. From the furniture industry – as its origin suggests – to the health industry, for printing bones and solid structures or creating models for research, 3D printers are quite influential and serve purpose across industries. They are even used in architecture to give an idea of how the final construction will look.
Alternatives and Competition: The alternatives which serve as competition to the 3D printer are desktop CNC machines (for household purposes). Industrially there are older alternatives such as Injection Molding and Metal Casting. Noticeably, 3D printers still have the upper hand due to being a technology that is still being upgraded.
- 3D printers are easier to work with. They allow us to produce more complex designs with ease too.
- There is little residue or waste left after the process unlike most traditional materials.
- The fixed cost is lower as you are not required to create molds for each product.
- Mass production of units is more expensive as each piece is produced separately.
- There is less variation in the colors and materials.
- While prototyping a product is simpler, one cannot achieve a perfect finish.
Future: There are many expectations revolving around the 3D printing industry. It is predictably making progress and advancements in its disadvantages to become your first choice for production of units and objects.
To know about Chatbots : https://digihashtag.com/chatbot/
ERP can be described as a set of strategic management tools that enable smooth business progression. ERP software can be used by businesses worldwide to maintain and manage important information within their company/organisation.
In today’s tech advanced and constantly developing business environment, it is very crucial that the companies have the required potential to stay competitive and it is possible by having a proper way to store information and then efficiently use that information whenever required. This is the point where ERP systems help the businesses to maintain and manage the useful information, store it properly and then access that stored information whenever required.
The ERP or Enterprise Resource Planning helps in the integration of all the business processes into a comprehensive information system which can later on be accessed by the members of the organisation at any point of time.
Benefits of Enterprise Resource Planning:
- Enhanced Productivity: With the help of an efficient ERP system all the employees spread across different departments of a firm can access the much needed information at any point of time. This helps in increasing their productivity and efficiency across all channels. ERP reduces the efforts and time of the workforce to do their daily activities.
- Rapid & Improved Reporting& Planning: An efficient ERP has the potential to generate important information in the form of reports at any time. The ERP software makes analysation possible and also to compare the functions across all departments thereby eliminating the need of different spreadsheets.
- Secured: The biggest benefit of an ERP system is superb data security. The cloud based ERP systems provide a greater level of security. There are round the clock security experts to make sure that the servers are fully protected.
- Improved Visibility: The ERP system provides access to each and every process in the organisation thus making all kinds of data and information accessible to every member of the organisation. This process makes it possible to have greater visibility to ensure smoother workflow and complete tracking of all the processes. This also makes it possible to take swift decisions.
- Customisable: The ERP system is completely customisable and the companies can easily choose which of the ERP components suits them best. Companies can even choose the method of deployment ; on-premise or cloud based.
- Efficient Customer Service: With its end to end tracking and complete insight provided by the ERP system, a smooth way is paved for better customer interaction. The sales team instead of making spreadsheets will focus on making good customer relations.
Love to watch fiction movies? In a mood of reading fictitious invention? Then I have some interesting news to give. Science and technology is advancing so much that all your dreams of fiction is going to be true! Even you have seen how they have transformed fiction into daily components in the past decades. But there are more to come! These breakthroughs are challenging our lifestyle which is making us too fast in the world. So some of these breakthroughs are as which is going to emerge in the next 7 years are as follows:
- Array of Things (AoT): The array of things is an associative effort. It combines the top scientists, universities, local government and communities that collect the real-time data of the urban environment and infrastructure. It also includes the activities for research and for public use. It is a Chicago based project that goals to map the entire city and provide data like noise, temperature and so on. It is a very helpful use as it detects natural and man-made challenges like floods or traffic congestion before-hand. In May array of things, the ‘fitness tracker of the city’ marked its 100th node in Chicago.
- Swarm Robotics: Swarm robotics is a collaboration of multiple simple physical robots in a system at a huge amount. It behaves through two types of interactions- interaction between the robots and interaction of the robots with the environment. It took into account the swarm behaviour that led to the emergence of artificial swarm intelligence and also studies the biological aspects like insects, ants and other organisms. Swarm robotics are applied on UAV controlling, post-disaster relief, geological survey, military applications, cooperative transportation and mining.
- Hyperloop: A joint team of Tesla and SpaceX proposed a method of freight transportation that opens up to an open-source vac-train design. In other words, it is a revolution to the industry of transportation. Where it takes maybe 14 hours to travel a distance, this hyperloop can make it in 50 minutes just.
- LIFI: Li-fi or light fidelity does not use the RF signals but the visible light for transmission. This makes the transmission more focused and concentrated which makes it faster than Wi-fi. Li-fi is a safety private mode for the users as the lights cannot be transmitted through the walls. It communicates through light emitting diodes (LEDs). It allows for simple small transceiver that enables any LED light to transmit high speed data. To know more about LiFi – https://digihashtag.com/lifi-technology/
- Radarcat: It is a technology that uses the Soli which is a Google project. It helps in recognising objects and has a wide range of uses like it can help a blind and also replace the barcode. It is an invention for the industrial automation sector that gives them a varied range of opportunities. It senses through the minute radar and detects the touch less gestures.
- Autonomous Car: This is a huge innovation for the car industry where there will be no driver driving the car. It uses technologies such as the computer vision and GPS. This creates an artificial intelligence which helps in navigating and driving without a driver.
- 3D Painting: Starting from architectural marvels to artificial organ 3D painting is indeed an unique creation. It has a wide range of applications that allows you to create your mind. It uses materials such as ABS plastic, PLA, polyamide (nylon), stereolithography materials (epoxy resins), wax, poly carbonate, photo polymers, glass filled polyamide, titanium and silver.
Therefore you can see how from different sectors people are coming up with new innovations that are making the human kind as fast as possible. Even there is an upcoming bio technology which is the bionic hand that works with the signal of the brain just “in the living skin”. Also in the architecture sector take the revolving tower of Dubai which is not only a notion of extravagance but a brilliant innovation which lets you view the world with practical applications. So you can see we have a lot to take in from the science and technology of the existing world. So pull up your socks and set back calmly to experiences these beastly upcoming innovations.
This is an era of networking and globalization, and for that everything becomes easier to get and use. Digital marketing is one of them which makes our life easier. There are many digital marketing brands out there and to be best among them is really challenging, it needs more strategy, patience and hard work.
Conversion is such a concept which actually bring revolution in digital marketing. According to most of the successful companies of the world admits that CRO (conversion rate optimization) is the game changer for their plan, and most of the companies also admit that it has some beneficial outcome.
Conversion is a process which mirrors the behaviour or psychology of a buyer, because it is a systematic process which basically helps to increase the number of website visitors, who take such action which is only their desire, like filling a form, becoming a follower or downloading the app of the brand. It is a systemic process to identify what a customer wants and what stopping them from your goals.
There are basically two types of conversions:
- Macro-Conversions: Macro-conversion- It’s actually a profitable conversion and it actually helps a brand directly. If we buy something from a company, or particularly subscribe to a program is a macro conversion.
- Micro-Conversions: Micro conversions Adding a product, sign up for a page is micro conversions and it is good for promotions and brand loyalty.
How to calculate the conversion rate?
Here we take an example to make it more understandable. We have a company name Daniella garments and we have a website on the internet. We all know that a buyer could buy a product each time he visits the site.
Suppose victor enters 5 times to our site so there are 5 chances we get to increase the chance of conversion. The first time he visits opportunity site for the first time and makes an email subscription and it is also a conversion which goes under the micro convention. Later he just visits to read blogs and to see photographs of our site and finally on the fifth time he decides to make a buy from our suite and it is a final conversion. So how we going to measure it, here is the solution.
So, we have to take the total number of visits victor made and have to divide it with the actual buying time he made. 1orders/5 sessions=0.2% conversion rate. To find out the conversion rate of the site, you will have to look at all unique orders divided the total number of sessions.
Here are some tips to increase your conversion rate:
- Do a lot of researches about your clients: Trust me it is the best way to boost your conversion. Do a hell lot of researches to find out what they actually want and what they actually need. As we already mentioned that conversion is a way to observe client behaviour, how they visit and what makes them stoop to buy a product.
- Use heat maps: As Peter Baylish said once that “knowledge is power” and it is true indeed. Heat maps actually give us the statistical information about everything buyers do when they visit the site. It clearly shows us where a customer pays most attention and where the deficit is really strong. So as we all know knowledge and information is the key to stand a business so how can we miss this?
- Make an appealing form: Trust me subscription forms are cool enough to attract more audience, and it is your duty to make it as eye-catching as possible, and it is really proven that it really attract buyers.
- Make a strong communication process: Communication is all we need nowadays, and if you make able to build a strong communication process through you to your buyers, it will be the best thing a company can do.
- C.T.A: Call to action is crucial, in digital marketing and if you can make a strong base in this trust me you are going to change the game. It is crucial to make direct communication and call to action is made for this.
- Make a strong fan base: To be very precise make a strong community who wants your brand to wear all day, it is not that difficult. Making a strong community actually helps us to build a strong promotional stunt.
- Be active on social media: It is the generation raised by social media and to connect with their persona you have to be in their room and the best way to do this is to be in social media. Nowadays most of the people based on social media and most of the important works done by here so we should all here actively to ensure a more and more prosperous audience.
- Create some urgency: If I give you an offer that if you buy a pair of 2 means you will get a chance to shop for 1000/month for a year would you miss it? Yes, this is called the urgency or offers which makes our buyer more excited and feeling urgency to grab them up
Know more about Google Analytics Hacks – https://digihashtag.com/all-you-can-do-with-google-analytics-5-hacks-to-uproot-your-website/
This era always enlightens us to dream about the smart world. Like take an example of how about a smart home? How would it be when your appliances would be bidding automatically? What would you feel when your lights would switch on automatically while you walk on the floor throughout? How about your alarm starts ringing and your brewing coffee gets ready to start your day? If your home becomes your friend, start recognizing your voice and follow your commands like turning on the TV news or reading your schedule, then how many butterflies would be flying in your stomach for such a house? This all happens due to one new technology known as the Internet of Things or the Internet of Everything that have helped people to achieve all the science fiction dreams that they used to satiate watching sci-fi movies.
What is Internet of Things?
The Internet of Things (IoT) or the Internet of Everything (IoE) are the web-enabled devices. They can process by collecting, sending and acting on the advices that they get from the surroundings using sensors, processors and communication hardware. These are the “smart devices” as often known as, and can talk to other devices which is known as the machine-to-machine (M2M) communication. They act on the words given to each other. These devices especially prefer to work on their own without any intervention but you can give commands to set them up, or for accessing data. Today’s mobile elements and the always online notion of home and business networks have made it easy to set up this new technology.
How Internet of things work?
The system has four distinct components which I will discuss as what these each components are and what are their uses respectively. These four components are as follows:
- Sensors/Devices: Sensors or devices perform the function of collecting data from the surroundings. But sensors are not simple as this. A sensor is not just to sense things. It is as variable as the features of your mobile phone. It starts from sensing a simple temperature degree to a complex video feed. So it does not matter whether the sensor only works as a sense standalone function or as a device of jack of all trades, it has primarily to do something on gathering information.
- Connectivity: So after collecting information, the data has to be stored at a place. This place is the cloud storage. But how to get there? The sensors/devices are connected to the cloud by a different type of method. These methods are cellular, satellite, WiFi, Bluetooth, LPWAN and so on. The IoT application suggests as to which connectivity would be the best, but all of them has the same task- getting the data to the cloud.
- Data Processing: When the data is stored in the cloud then the processing starts. It sees simple to complex issues as the reading of the temperature in an acceptable range or to identify objects in videos using computer vision. But when there is an intruder in your house or the temperature is too high, this is where the user comes in.
- User Interface: This is a very interesting component. Here the end-user gets the information via notifications such as mails, texts or it allows to actively check in the other system. This makes it very helpful for the end-user as when he or she gets a notification that the temperature is very high in the cold storage he or she can control the temperature via the app on his or her phone. Even sometimes the actions are done automatically by this new tech due to some pre-defined rules or even sometimes before notifying the end-user about an intruder they also inform relevant authorities about it.
LiFi & Internet Of Things
LiFi which is basically the abbreviation of ‘light fidelity’ is a wireless communication technology. It credits the high-speed transmission of data in between devices. It communicates through light emitting diodes (LEDs). It uses non-intermediate frequencies in the RF systems and gets in hold inexpensive stuffs such as off-shell LEDs and photo detectors. Therefore, it allows for a less complex simple small transceiver that enable any LED light to transmit high speed data.
So, when dream of smart world, people need to make sci-fi more efficient. This efficiency is brought by the use of LiFi in the IoT technology. It is because use of large amounts of power cannot be allowed. Therefore, LiFi should be used as it is so fast that it surpasses thousands of WiFis by just utilizing light instead of radio waves. This technology is being researched and are given trials by many universities and companies and have received a substantial investment from the EPSRC. If this successfully happens a blend of LiFi and Internet of Things will take human technology and life to a next level.
If you want to know more about LiFi Technology – https://digihashtag.com/lifi-technology/
Analytics is a powerful application tool to track traffic patterns and the workings of your website. Google Analytics 5 has made a breakthrough in this field with several advancements to aid your online necessities. It is easily one of the most useful and crucial applications available. Additionally, like most of Google, it is an entirely free program attracting several customers.
The new version of Analytics comes with brilliant features. Perhaps the best addition to this development are custom dashboards. These dashboards can be created for your website with any and every metric you are interested in. Clients can choose all the visuals and data interpretation techniques. In this regard, have a look at all you can do with Google Analytics 5. This new set of hacks will boost your website performance in no time.
- Data Interpretation: One of the most crucial aspects is that it displayed the most important analytics data first. With the dashboard feature, all kinds of data options can be customized. Multiple dashboards can be created as well with new functions. Widgets can be added to multiple dashboards which can also be filtered. Since it is purely customized, the date range can be changed to suit your preferences. This is ideal for an overview of statistics.
- Audience Location: Often, hitting the target audience becomes very difficult. The question of a specific country, or city, or even worldwide ad arises. With a great feature of Google Analytics 5, this is made to be even simpler. By simply searching under visitors, the entire demographic information of their location can be viewed. Particular countries and regions can be tracked and the audience can be identified.
- What Others Are Looking For: Majority of the people use prominent keywords through the engine which is easily available to track. In a step further from this, Google Analytics 5 will allow you to see what visitors look for specifically on your site. This can help determine what the audience seeks and formulate your strategies accordingly. Apart from this, it can also help advance future products and better the user interface.
- The Top Content: All things related to your website can easily be tracked on this interface. It allows you to check where visitors have spent the longest and lowest. It helps determine which pieces of content are becoming popular and which need to be altered. When viewing this, it aids in identifying the worst content as well, which is equally important. The exit page mechanism will allow you to see where visitors come and immediately leave. Such indicators help ensure only top content is displayed on the website and how to get quality content to the target audience.
- Abandoning The Shopping Cart: If the website has multiple checkout processes then this is a must view for you. A goal for your website can be set up using the Goal Funnel mechanism on Google Analytics 5. This is especially important to track when exactly viewers leave the checkout process and exit the website. In case, a high percentage of abandoning checkout in the midst of the purchasing process is noticed, then it is necessary to evaluate the current set up and make it more shopper friendly. Ultimately, the products publicised have the aim to be purchased, and if this process is not clear that it can hurt the overall performance. Fixing these issues is a sure shot way to ensure sales in the future.
- Mobile Sites: Google Analytics 5 will identify if visitors come through mobile devices or other devices on your website. Noticing a high number of mobile visitors may indicate that you need to set up a mobile site. Especially today when searching things on mobiles or tablets is very common, a user-friendly interface for a smaller screen is necessary.
- Online Traffic: This mechanism will further help you in an extremely important aspect. It helps bring out which online marketing campaigns are the most successful in terms of bringing more crowd on the website. The advanced segments will help locate this. It displays the entire traffic on the website and goal data conversion that comes with. This feature will help determine what is working for the audience and convincing them to visit your site.
Apart from the above-mentioned advantages, this also allows you to produce custom reports. Creating reports with only the necessary data you need helps filter the unimportant information and allows a proper future strategy to be constructed. Intelligence is also a new feature of Analytics. It helps identify potential problems or sudden spikes in the traffic, etc.
Thus, Google Analytics 5 will take your website to a greater threshold and help to accurately determine your customers’ preferences.
Light Fidelity, otherwise known as Li-Fi is a new evolutionary technology which was first proposed by Harald Haas, a German physicist in a TED Global Talk on Visible Light Communication. Li-Fi, similar to our current Wi-Fi, is a wireless optical networking technology that uses light emitting diodes also know as LEDs for transmitting the data. Li-Fi uses the light as a medium for the transmission of high-speed data/communication which is very much similar to Wi-Fi and also falls within the IEEE 802.15.7 standard of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). The IEEE 802.15.7 is similar to the IEEE 802.11 in which the Wi-Fi operates. li fi is the best for high-density wireless data coverage in confined places. This technology is more useful in areas where radio interference issues are high. So basically li-fi send the data through LED light by taking the fiber out of the fiber optics.
How It Work’s ?
- LiFi essentially uses light instead of radio waves like Wi-Fi. Transceivers fitted in the LED bulb transmits and receives information is the basic concept of li fi technology. Compared to a Radio Frequency (RF) communication, the li-fi can provide a band of the order 400 THz whereas the RF can provide up to 300 GHz. Li fi also uses visible spectrum which helps to terminate the health issues that could be caused by electromagnetic waves which come from the Wi-Fi.
Li-fi is potential can be the future of data transmission which is fast and affordable. The visible light electromagnetic spectrum is used for data transmission and illumination. The rays of light transmit information in a wireless medium which is also fast. The main parts of a li-fi system are:
- Transmission source (White LED light)
- Silicon Photodiode (for receiving visible light element)
Communication rate of 100 Mbps or more can be attained with a few other techniques. We can get up to 10gbps if the lights are arranged in an array transmitting different streams of data which is also known as parallel data transmission.
There are four subassemblies:
- Light Source (bulb)
- PA Circuit (Radio Frequency Power Amplifier)
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB)
There is a LED transmitter and a light sensor on the object receiving the data. The transmitter is inputted with the data which is then encoded to VLC (visible light communication) or light by stretching the flickering rate at which the LEDs get turned on and off into binary format in different strings. In other simple words, when you switch on the light, the binary code generated as a logical 1 and when it is turned of it’ll be a logical 0 which means the transmitter identifies if it’s on or off.
The LED is connected to the internet through a modem and at the receiver’s end, the data gets decoded which then displays if it is connected or not. The receiver is coded to recognize 1s as when LED is on and 0s when it is off. So each light beam received will eventually provide a range of 100s of Mbps of data.
What is the major difference between Wi-Fi and Li-Fi?
The key difference is that the li-fi uses VLC radio technology which is useful to receive high-speed wireless communication. This is done by using light waves. Whereas the Wi-Fi uses radio waves. This enables the possibility of the li-fi to reach places of high density that Wi-Fi is not able to.
- Efficiency: It is very efficient in terms of energy consumption and performance. LEDs consume very less energy and are already available for lighting purpose. So the data transmission will only require a very slight amount of additional power.
- Cheap: Li fi doesn’t require a lot of components or much of energy for transmission of data.
- Security: The key advantage is that the Li-fi is highly secured because the light can’t go through the walls of the building which means it only will be used by the people in that confined space which makes it not possible for any interception from outside.
- Speed: The li-fi will be able to provide a high data rate of 1 Gbps or more because of the combination of the high bandwidths, high-intensity output, and low interference.
- Availability: As long as light bulbs (LEDs) are present at any place, Li fi can be applied, installed and made available as it only requires a light source to transmit the data. So essentially, it can be made available everywhere.
- No internet access without the light source and it could limit the situations and other locations where li-fi could be used
- It requires a direct line of sight with the source to transmit the data
- It can’t pass through concrete obstacles which make the range short
- Other light source involved at that place can affect the transmission of data and its speed
- Opaque items can affect the transmission of data
Did you know that 90% of all the data received by the human brain is purely visual? Since the human mind relies so heavily on visual information, it was only a matter of time before visual search would become a breakthrough. In a sense, visual search is a natural evolution for humankind in the field of technology. Since the search industry has developed gracefully over the past decade, trying to make the user experienced more personalized and suitable, visual search is now one of the much-needed improvements.
The Genesis of Visual Search
Visual search simply is image search. It is the process through which a computer or engine takes an image and performs the search. This type of technology is more complex. The search engines are constantly being improved to provide more accurate and reliable results. It is a method which is time-saving and most important, very convenient. In this regard, it becomes highly optimal for e-commerce industries.
The CEO of Pinterest said, “The future of search will be about pictures rather than keywords.” This is exactly what is happening. There are over 600 million visual searches on Pinterest alone, and that too every month. Overall on Google, there are 19% of image search queries. It is a rapidly growing and increasing efficient tool.
Visual search, at the crux, when given an image, identifies other related objects to it and then searches for images related to those objects. The technology at present facilitates such searches by identifying multiple shapes an outlines, which allows the engine to match the image. In this regard, companies benefit heavily from such techniques. Google, for example, gains an incredible advantage with the amount of image data searched.
Visual Search Breakthrough: Advantages for E-Commerce Industries
- Building Image Search: Brands can build image search into their web inventory. Pinterest, leads this arena. In Pinterest, one can very conveniently search through an image, which is also extremely user compatible on their app and web pages. Currently, only about 8% of online brands use this feature.
- Organic Image Visibility: Schema markup and metadata can be utilized for SEO in visual search. Since visual search decreases the necessity of text, this becomes crucial. Additionally, metadata allows one to regulate the online traffic on the website, as well as on specific products. This is surely one of the tech-savvy ways to gain aid from visual searches.
- Pinterest for Help: Since the majority of the visual search already takes place on Pinterest, what is better than to advertise there? It is a highly popular website and brands are surely to be noticed there. It has enormous market impact, along with the highly skilled search engine, together helping to provide more accurate results related to a brand. This is especially important for brands trying to hit their target audience. There is no age group which does not search on Pinterest so, considering the exposure the brand can get, this is definitely an option to try out!
- Sitemaps: Another method can be to submit images on sitemaps. It is crucial to have images related to your brand displayed with good quality and free from visual interferences. Brands can optimize the image, regulate the size, file type, etc. with properly chosen titles. Moreover, brands can add information on images to the Sitemaps which are already in use.
- Shoppers Delight: One of the most important advantages of visual search is that it saves time and closes the sales. Since human brains process visual images far quickly than text, this can be taken as an advantage especially for brands who sell merchandize. Visitors who are shopping online can easily identity the product and shop, before running into web traffic. It presents the consumers with the desired products “at the door front”, and if your brand can be one of their top searches, there is no stopping there.
- The link between online and offline Chatbots: With visual searches, customers can find a link between spotting desirable items in real life, and then finding them online, and purchasing. It thoroughly increases efficiency and can be utilized to boost brand visibility.
Future of Visual Search: The future of visual search is full of glory. There are several efficient advancements which can be expected. Increased integration with chatbots, combining text and image, broader visual search, and just a wholesome improvement in technology overall will increase the accuracy and necessity for image searches. As visual searches emerge at a time of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, it is a revolution in technology waiting to take place.
A bot is a software performing a computerised task. The class of bots living online in chat podiums or on social media is termed Chatbots. A Chatbot is artificial intelligence (AI) software simulating a discussion (or a chat) with a handler in usual lingo over messaging- applications, websites, and mobile applications, or else over the handset. It is frequently labelled as the most forward-thinking as well as capable lingos of interface amid hominids and types of machinery. Yet, from a technical point, a Chatbot simply signifies the usual development of a Question-Answering structure while leveraging the Natural Language Processing (NLP).
In this situation, there are various likely explanations and certain misperception of what a bot is. This is partial since there are varied uses for bots and thus influences what people identify a Chatbot to be.
The spontaneous meaning is that a bot is a software that can have a confab with a hominoid. For instance, a handler could probe the bot with a query or provide it with an order, and the bot could reply or execute an act correctly.
Importance of a Chatbot
Chatbot uses update communications concerning persons as well as facilities, improving client understanding. Similarly, they offer concerns with new chances to develop the client’s process of engagement besides operative efficacy by means of dropping the usual price of the client facility.
To be effective, a Chatbot way out should be capable to perform effectively on both of these jobs. Human support has a key role here. Irrespective of any sort of tactic and the stage, social interference is vital in organising, training and enhancing the Chatbot system.
Use Of Chatbot
Chatbots can be implemented in several altered means, which is why it is hard to express precisely what they are. It is, in fact, likely to come up with a Chatbot use case for each lone trade, in a similar manner that each trade can get hold of a website or application.
- A carryout eatery letting clienteles to order from a Chatbot, in the store or a house
- A sit-down eatery letting clienteles to order from their desk via a Chatbot
- A publicising drive that probes clienteles queries or lets them perform a game via a Chatbot
- A Chatbot that aids clienteles to make e-commerce procurements
- A Chatbot that replies client services queries and offers assistance with dissimilar chores
- A Chatbot that screens workers’ or client’s fulfilment
- A Chatbot that lets clienteles to reserve flights as well as obtains related info when they are at the airport
All the overhead instances of Chatbot could let social proxies to get into the discussion if required, maybe as a quality service.
Kinds of Chatbot
Scripted Chatbot – Discussions with this kind of Chatbot can simply track programmed pathways. At every stage in the discussion, the handler requires to pick from categorical alternatives to regulate the following stage in the discussion. In what way the selections are offered to the handler at every step in the discussion, i.e. whether they require a transcript, speech or touch reply, will be subject to the sorts of the chat platform and in what way the bot is automated.
Intelligent Chatbot – Artificial intelligence (AI) lets them be more bendable in terms of the handler response they can agree to take. They can agree on free-form input in the form of transcript or speeches. AI likewise lets them improve more when they are used. It should be seen nevertheless that though AI does its work efficiently in very restricted knowledge fields, the real intellect of the bot is restricted. It is very difficult to acquire a bot to ‘recognise’ the perspective or vagueness, or else to have a suitable memory that affects the discussion.
Application Chatbot – As stated, together ‘scripted’ and ‘intelligent’ Chatbot can have graphical user interfaces. Application bots is thus not a distinct kind of bots. The point that the bots can be interrelated with by means of a graphical user interface, is an essential concept for Chatbot creators. If a handler can do the work they require to do more capable using a graphical interface, then the bot requires to display a graphical interface at that point in the discussion.
Chatbot work in chat platforms such as Facebook Messenger, SMS and so on. Each chat platform has its individual sorts. These sorts define the likely means in which the Chatbot can act together with the handler or the group. Yet, the real actions of the Chatbot are recognised by the bot. For instance, an SMS bot can simply display a text beside attach multi-media widget in certain situations. An email bot has similar restrictions. A Facebook Messenger or Telegram Bot can act together with the handler by means of an assortment of graphical widgets.
Demonetisation was introduced on November 8, 2016, and was met with a lot of protests. It intended to get rid of Fame currency notes, unearthed black money and put a stop to drug and terrorism financing. Another less mentioned aim was to promote digital transactions. However, currency circulation and printing of higher value notes (₹ 2000 and 500) increased, erasing the significance of the move. As platforms like PayTM and UPI Apps are brought in, digital transactions seem to be gaining recognition and trust.
This, in turn, allows the Digital India programme to make its “Faceless, Paperless, Cashless” motive known to the people. It also comes with many advantages which many are not aware of:
- Reduction in the Expenses of Printing Currency: Printing one note of 200, 500 and 2000 rupees costs in between ₹ 2.93 a ₹3.54. This alone is an unrequired expenditure. Paired with the Expenses of storing and maintaining currency it is quite expensive. The materials used to print currency (ink, paper) and the machines are imported and have a negative effect on the economy.
- Getting Rid of Unaccounted Money: Digital transactions tackle the troublesome black money transactions. Black money and unaccounted wealth are always stored in physical cash and transacted in the parallel economy. Curbing cash transactions is very essential to control and break these obstacles to development. An increase in transparency of transactions also guarantees a higher control of bribery.
- Counterfeit Currency Notes: It is an automatic process; the removal of fake noted with the introduction and increase of digital transactions. Fake currency notes are used to finance terrorist and anti-national elements. Reducing and possibly stopping the production of these notes will ensure that these elements cannot carry their plans out. This in a way ensures the security of the nation too.
While lower classes are still coming around to accessing digital transactions, most establishments, organizations, and shops are favouring digital transactions to physics cash. If you are still not aware of the many options used for digital transactions, worry not as given below is a list of the potential methods which could replace cash. It is a brief list with some details about each mentioned method.
- Digital Wallets: Similar to storing physical money in your wallets, it is accepted by most vendors in all cities across the nation. Transactions are simple to make by using QR codes which vary and are specific to the seller. These wallets are also highly encrypted so there is no need to worry about frauds or unethical behaviour. Examples are: PayTM, Mobikwik, Freecharge, or bank launched wallets like Lime (Axis Bank), or Payzapp (HDFC Bank).
- Unified Payment Interface (UPI): These are mobile applications developed with high-end encryption. They link all your bank accounts and allow you to transfer money from one account to another. Transferring through UPI is very secure as it involves transactions without needing to give out any of your account details. You only need to share your registered phone number. Examples are Tez by Google and BHIM by the Government of India. These apps even provide incentives to increase the number of users and motivate current users
- Banking Cards: These are Debit cards, Credit cards and other cards used for transactions. They are always provided by the bank and offer more convenience and security than want other methods. These are older methods compared to any system including mobile applications. But they are far more secure with a 2-factor authentication which consists of a PIM and OTP. They offer the consumers the freedom to make any purchases through a domain, be it physically at the shop or through the Internet. They are time-saving and permit emergency withdrawal of cash. Examples are RuPay, Vista, and MasterCard.
- Aadhar Enabled Payment System (AEPS): It is one of the newer methods introduced by the Indian government, and is still being put into action. It requires you to link your bank account and Aadhar card to each other. It allows you to make transactions at the Point of Sale through the Business Correspondent of any bank by using your Aadhar authentication. It is an upcoming method but is envisioned to encourage a new era for Digital India to travel and work with minimal amounts of physical cash.
- Mobile Banking: Similar to mobile wallets, it is more large scale. It is an application service given by most banks allowing you to make transactions and do bank-related work remotely by using your phone or tablet. All banks provide an application which is easy to use and access. It saves you the time and hassle of physically visiting a bank for a comparatively menial task.
These are some of the most known and current processes of digital transactions. They are easy to use once you get into the habit of it. Again, they are more advantageous than carrying physical cash which is a constant source of anxiety for the person carrying it. It is also environment-friendly as physical currency is revealed to allow transfer of skin condition. It is also necessary for India to go cashless if it wants to move up to the status of a developed nation. Most European countries have reduced their currency printing by a large margin and are slowly shifting to digital transactions. India too needs to take this step as it is of utmost importance at this point. It is also a wise move to eliminate anti-national elements and black money and marketing as these transactions are always done in physical currency. I hope that after reading this, you have not only gained some information and insight yourself but will also attempt to inform and educate those around you. Spreading the word will ensure a faster shift to digital transactions and will provide India that pushes it needs to grow as a nation.
When a user is searching for something specific related to a product or service which you sell, it is important that you are there on the search result because it is like you are promising to be there for the user’s need. In other words, it is not about putting the various popular word into your website and trying to be there on the first page but to be there for the customer when they need you. This works to your benefit, it’ll produce customers instead of just traffic for the website.
The search engine provides accurate results to the user who looks up for particular things or types a specific phrase. This helps the person who searches, to decide what exactly should be chosen according to the need of that person.
User intent optimization is one of the key trends of 2019 in regards to search because there will be more of voice search either using the smartphone or home assistance. Also as the accuracy of the voice recognition technology has been improving, people find it easier to ask for things, products, and services, than to type.
If you perform a search from the user or the customer point of view it will be easier to achieve the most elite user intent optimization. Think from that perspective, what would they be actually looking for? What makes a person curious to learn about the product or service? What values will they be expecting that your website/company could provide?
Small patterns in the HTML of the website that sends information about the site to the search engine. The more amount of information that a search engine receives from these small HTML patterns, the more accurately the website will be ranked. The small HTML patterns are called as microformats in the technical term. So the more honest the description of your website, the more chances of getting a high rank in the search results of the search engine. Microformats will also get you more clicks because, for the user, it will make the content of your website more pleasing and appealing which thereby increasing the number of clicks you can get. Of course, the increased clicks means the more chances of getting a higher ranking from the search engine.
The microformats forms tags and labels for your website which you can term them according to the page content. It communicates to the search engine what the content is about. Microformats can be also utilized for making rich snippets. Snippets which includes more than just the title, URL and the meta description like for example you could add the ratings of your website or product or even the working hours of the office. These will help you to get more clicks and traffic. Every website doesn’t necessarily require microformats. To know if you actually would need it or not, try to think from the customer side, what would they like to see when your result is shown on the results of the search? So use it if only it’s applicable for your need.
Targeting the Local:
For the businesses who are dependent on the local customers, it is important to focus on the local search in order to attract more customers. To know about a specific thing in their locality, they are going to search for the “thing” in the “locality”, for example, “Hairdresser in Bangalore”. So the local/small business can focus on the local search optimization in order to ensure the search results provide the user with relevant information regarding the location and details. If you sign up for the Google My Business feature, it will also help the local and small businesses to be located on Google search.The precision of the local search is going to be more intense in this year which means there will be targeted relevant results. So this signifies that instead of targeting the whole city, you would rather focus on the local community. The distance matter to all. So the local targeting could help in several ways such as if there is a nearby competition who are providing lesser quality in their service or product, the customer has the probability of looking up for another provider nearby. The other scenarios would be like when someone suddenly decides to look up for a place while going for a walk or when the shop doesn’t have the product they were looking for, in such cases the customer will definitely look up using their phones to locate a nearby place where they can get what they are looking for. The search term “near me” has taken over the internet to find places to do anything and everything like from a car repair shop to malls which also reduces the distance from car based to walkable. Let it be paid ads or SEO, highly targeted search campaigns are going to be the most focused way for the small and local businesses. Even the Google stats for the search “near me” shows a significant amount of increase in the years 2014 to 2015 by 130%. This data should urge all the local and small businesses to take local search optimization serious and target the local customers. The customers will also hope to be led to the place of their precise need through those search results.
Content is King:
Creating content is already an important strategy for all the marketers and it will continue to be so. Creating engaging and quality content about the service or the product you are providing for the users can have an impact in building the brand of the company. There are and always will be content marketers popping up every now and then saying they will take the website to the highest ranking but fail to do so because most of them are scams and not into actually creating quality content. Remember, content has a very powerful influence on the ranking system on the search engines and 2019 will be the same. So make sure to find out people who are really good and are into creating good contents for content marketing to boost up the rank of the website. The competition for creating high-quality content will be more intense in 2019 as everyone will be aiming for high ranks. If you have a very dry content which is not engaging or if there are no contents at all, you are not going to have much of an advancement in the SEO goals that you might have. Focus on creating good contents in order to overtake the competitions in the rank list.
In the past years being featured about your website on a reputable publication from a trusted journalist was a very important task or goal which then is not really victorious if the link is not included. These kinds of features are called backlinks, where one website leads to another website and this was taken seriously by Google.All this is changing right now and Google is getting better and evaluating and providing search results according to the quality and relevance of the content on a webpage. They are also better at recognizing the companies are being featured or mentioned somewhere else where Google considers being a reputed resource. Even if there is no link provided in the feature post, Google can recognize it. Which means that even getting mentioned somewhere else is going to impact the ranking of the website. So it is good to keep in mind for the marketers to know that they can work hard to be featured under some other brand which will definitely help the ranking even if there are backlinks or no links.
Competitive pressures is one of the biggest accelerators to digital transformation, it is found that people are feeling the effect and more intense competition from companies that have transformed themselves digitally so when you think about the drivers behind the disruption really a lot of it comes down to technology when you think about mobility when you think about cloud services when you think about consumers who have grown up in the digital age this is forcing a change, actually an entire change of business models, technology has been at the core of a number of disruptive trends and financial services and it’s really been the driver around three key themes.
The convergence of other industries into financial services and frankly financial services leveraging data and technology that now exists in other industries the second really is a wholesale sort of interruption or disruption of business models and new entrants entering into the competitive landscape and certainly last could be a much more transformative journey and that could be the leveraging of things like blockchain technology that will completely change the financial services ecosystem and marketplace. when we think about the impacts of the blockchain it’s useful to think of it with reference to trust every transaction fundamentally requires an element of trust whether it’s buying a book online or buying or selling the property the blockchain has the power to do two things I think essentially.
One is to increase the size of many existing markets by reducing the transaction cost and to create many new markets and opportunities around those markets
when you think about the Internet of Things whether it’s washing machines, a lot seeing a user that they’re about to run out of detergent, or an air conditioning unit predicting an email function at its core all of these require some central control and command power well the blockchain can do is create the building blocks that can accelerate this and encourage people to develop these applications in the same way that certain internet protocols increase the size and take up of the Internet some time ago all of these make the financial services industry very ripe from blockchain adoption
so I think the Internet of Things has been an incredible contributor to convergence in the sector, financial services don’t always have the reputation of being tip of the spear in the innovation curve that it really has embraced this digital journey and really has embraced disruptive technology and creative thinking of their business models and in their evolution you know that’s been a huge impact in the wealth and asset management space .
When we think about the rise of Robo advisors and sort of taking things that were sort analytical and human processes and making them algorithmic processes so if we think about what financial technology or FinTech really is its transformational and new business models combined with technology to evolve and to grow and change and disrupt financial services and so I think what you’ve seen is lower barriers to entry so we have new organizations that didn’t necessarily grow up with the legacy complex systems that the sort of incumbent financial institutions have, and so they’re able to see the world and write a world that’s different; helping executives with their digital transformation building away that could be in the form of an acquisition, it could be in the form of a partnership in some sort of JP mergers and acquisitions and alliances and joint ventures. They are absolutely an accelerant to technology, and particularly as they build time cycles they are not competing with by timescales and answer to speed the market. So we’re seeing increasing investment certainly internally but more importantly, we’re seeing joint ventures and alliances in the market places. People try to access new technologies and they’re doing that through corporate venture capital funds, they’re doing that for partnerships, they’re trying to understand how others have technology that can be leveraged into their businesses.
So I would say collaboration models are increasingly thinking about the digital journey in making investments into Financial Sector, they’re also starting to look at their existing businesses how to reshape their portfolio whether it’s business units that need to be invested or business units that actually need to fund them into operational change. All of that is part of this digital journey.
digital world is refining day to day and in terms of marketing it is outshining
and is limelight for business and entrepreneurship. Electronic mails have set a
great framework in the present scenario and benchmarking its role in promotion
for industrialization and legal entities. Its marketing making things digitally
connected and has a global reach. So, I guess the future of email marketing
will flicker in 2019.
How Email Marketing Is Vital And Striking Mode To Link With Target Audience In 2019
This marketing is easy and
accessible. When it comes to budget it has low cost and productive. Networking
with people and marketing through emails is fruitful as folks do chat through
emails and read them too. Traditional marketing is left behind due to the
emergence of digitalization. When you classify your audience, enumerate them
and dispatching emails to targeted lists that strikes with your reader’s minds.
This marketing is measurable and action-oriented. You can subscribe to the
emails you have send how many people have viewed them and how is your email
campaigns are executing.
Right-minded ads are talking with folks and to mushroom them you
need to know how to place them in the right market and its strategies. The
newsletter is a style to send to advertising resistance consumers, they notify
customers of awaited events or promotional activity. In this type of marketing,
a company is desired to dispatch the newsletter to its consumers and questions
at the point of buying that do they want to receive newsletters. Marketers can
generate promotional stuff automatically allocating drip marketing.
Pillars Of Email – Marketing In 2019
*Automation and Al
SITUATION COMING UP IN 2019
Email marketing is ongoing more optical and visible. Supplementing
interactions and permit customers to spare control. Maybe in some arena, it
would be paid. All key links inside emails will become to the top and adverted,
all add-ons will be overlooked and publicized deprived of partaking to
download. Exchange photos will be added projecting for folks we’re nearby. We
will be proficient to unify our email boxes with motions, spontaneous and
restructure emails rendering to precedence.
Sending emails from business to one or a group of customers and
making consumers taking action and getting engaged with the business is a
success story of email campaigns in 2019. Creating a unique style of
campaigning in emails with visuals will going to give a larger impact on the
readers and customers
Objectives for the success of email campaigns in 2019:
*Administering your goals
*Evaluate emails genre
*Wising your target audience
*Utilizing the technology at its best
*Unique and creative message
*Gripping the subject line and follow-ups
Bulk Emails in 2019
This marketing strategy has its own variations it’s affordable and
fast and reliable. Marketers observe that it has a quick reach, easy branding
and can target folks highly and keep in touch with your customers. But with the
emergence of technology and techniques, there is a great fall in bulk email
marketing as folks are focusing more on email campaigns and marketers are
adapting according to environmental changes.
last, who said that trend keeps changing the fact is that it keeps on
progressing and transforming the marketing strategies will always be the same
but they will keep adding the changes taking place in technology. whether it’s
in 2019 or future aspects. Networking through emails and marketing will always
Product positioning strategies that are taken by
organisations & businesses these days play an important part in effective
product marketing strategy. An efficient product positioning greatly helps the
buyers and users understand where a product ‘fits’ in terms what it has to
offer, and where it stands with the other competing products that are available
in the market.
Product positioning works on the basis of the
development of the different market oriented activities like the channels
through which the product is sold and the techniques that are used in
promotional activities. When the product positioning is correctly progressed
then it can help a product succeed but when it is carried on in a wrong or an
incorrect way then it can even make a strong product fail.
So now what needs to be understood is that the
users will make their respective decisions and choice to see where your
products fit, and also that your competitors will be toiling hard to position
their own products and in some bitter cases even try to show your product in a
negative light in the market. Also make sure to understand that a sufficient
and an efficient product positioning is beneficial in order to position your
Following edges of product positioning imply its
importance or utility in marketing :
- To Make The Organisation
Market-oriented : Product positioning could be a part of the broader promoting philosophy. It
means to correctly note and show the unique and superior aspects of a product
and then match them with users/shoppers in an enhanced manner, effectively than
competitions. This philosophy also makes the entire organisation market
- To Successfully Cope with
The Changes In Market : Once the merchandise is positioned with success it
doesn’t mean that the task of the manager is over. He has to constantly watch
the market. As per new developments within the market place, new competitive
strategies, new market positioning and brand positioning strategies and
planning that are ought to be known, discovered or developed to suit the
changing expectations of the market. It makes the manager active, alert and
- To Meet The Expectation of
Consumers : Generally, the benefits are to be communicated and decided on the
terms of the expectation of the concerned buyer or consumer. So, product
positioning can help realise consumers’ expectations.
- To Enhance Consumer
Goodwill and Loyalty : Systematic product positioning strategies reinforces the
company’s name, its product and complete. It popularises the brand. The company
will produce goodwill and then succeed in its goal of winning the client
- To Construct A Suitable Promotional Strategy : More meaningful promotional strategy or brand positioning strategies can be designed. Based on what the benefits are to be communicated, that also suggests the selection of an appropriate method to promote the product.
- To Grab The Attention and
Interest of Consumers : Product positioning or market positioning signifies all
those benefits that are important to the consumers/shoppers. When such edges
square measure promoted through appropriate suggests that of advertising, it
undoubtedly catches the interest and a focus of shoppers.
- To Engage Different Types
of Consumers : Consumers disagree in terms of their expectations from the
product they wish to buy. Some consumers wish for durability; some wish
distinctive and unique features; some desire security & safety; some wish
for a low price; so on. A company, by promoting differing kinds of competitive
benefits, will attract different kinds of consumers.
- To Confront Competition :
This is the fundamental use of product positioning strategies. Company can
respond strongly to the competitors and therefore improve its competitive
- To Introduce New Product
Successfully : Product positioning will assist a corporation or a business in
introducing a replacement or an alternative product within the market. It will
position new and superior benefits of the products and might penetrate the
- Helps To Communicate
Latest Features & The Ones Added Later On : When a corporation changes
qualities and/or options of the existing or prevailing product, such
enhancements may be positioned against the products that are offered by the
competitors. Product positioning improves competitive strength of a company.
Normally, shoppers take into account the advantages of the product before they
go and buy it. In such cases product positioning can help to communicate the
advantages of a company’s products over the products offered by competitors. It
may conjointly facilitate shoppers in selecting the correct product.
Marketing is an important aspect of any product or service. It plays a vital role in creating awareness among the general public, make the company in the reach of potential customers and generate sales. With the advancement in technology and methods marketing has also evolved. A new form of marketing has been garnering a lot of attention from various companies. This new form of marketing is known as influencer marketing.
Influencer marketing is the form of marketing in which the focus is shifted towards influential people who can attract potential customers for the company rather than target the market as a whole on social media. The model of influencer marketing is based on the concept that influential people endorse the products and services of a company and the people following them tend to buy the same products or services for themselves. It is very much like a celebrity endorsement. The only difference in this approach is that the collaboration is between brands and influencers. The key to influencer marketing is making an initial plan and sticking to it. be organized and plan every aspect of your marketing strategy, like budget, time, expenditure and other factors that seem important to you. The other thing is you have to be patient for your plans to work out. The results would not be instantaneous. They require efforts and patience from you.
Now let us clear a few misconceptions about influencer marketing. Most people think that this marketing technique involves finding out a few famous people on social media and giving them money to endorse your product. This is clearly not the case. Influencer marketing involves finding social media influencers who try to create a genuine user base. These social media influencers toil hard to create a value of their social media profiles. They are also not interested in instant pay. Instead, it is about showing your credibility and making the users believe that they can rely on such influencers for reviews of the products or services.
After this, there are a few key points that you need to keep in mind while implementing the influencer marketing strategy.
• Know your audience
The basic and foremost task is to identify the type of audience that you will be targeting for your product or service. This will simplify your plans and make it easier to build schedules.
• Search for the right influencers
After you have selected the target audience to begin your search for the right kind of influencers which will help to enhance your product value. This might be exhaustive but it will surely reap your rewards.
• Monitor influencers
Most people think that their task ends after finding the influencers whereas it is quite the opposite. The real task begins after the search for the influencers ends. After you have searched the influencers monitor their social media presence, their online posts, their frequency and their general attitude towards their audience. This is very crucial as they will be the face of your product\service.
• Engage with them
Contact your influencers and engage with them regularly. This will give you an insight. This will increase the coordination, it will help you to target areas where you need to focus.
• Quantify the results
The last step is to measure the results.
You have to measure the effectiveness of your plans and strategies. There might
be a few amendments that are needed to be done to your initial plans.
all these points are the basic blueprint to implement influencer marketing
there are a few points that you need to avoid in order for your influencer
marketing strategy to work.
not generalize your influencers. Different influencers have a different outlook
to their audience and they might be expecting different outcomes from their page.
Talk to them and get to know each of your influencers. Doing this you will get
to know about them and their goals. This will make your approach specific to
• Do not simply weigh the popularity of your influencer. While the popularity of the influencer is still a major criterion for his or her selection but you cannot choose a person simply because he or she has huge popularity.
So, as we have seen influencer marketing has become quite a raging and effective marketing strategies of modern times. Like every other strategy, there are basic concepts that you need to be very clear with, These were some of those concepts to help you started, To implement influencer marketing in an effective way you need to be thorough with the above mentioned points.
What is Remarketing?
Remarketing is a process which involves bringing customers under target who have already viewed something on a site and have shown particular interest in a product. It is a medium through which customers are made to re-engage with brand.
Why do we need
A remarketing program helps to
track certain pages when you are on a particular website. Supposedly, many brands
track their shopping cart pages in order to target those who tend to abandon
their shopping carts. Once the target is identified, display of advertisements
occur automatically where the promotion of those products take place which have
already been viewed by the customer, previously. In this way, the relevance of
products, the customers already viewed, proliferates to a certain degree,
maintaining the interest of the customer.
A statistical report put forth by
CMO has mentioned that, it is a wrong notion that customers are agitated by the
advertisements cropping up regarding the products they had viewed previously.
Instead, it has been found that many customers, in fact, the majority, actually
appreciate the popping up of ads as they serve as reminder of products in which
the interest of the customer centres. These ads, eventually, fires up their
interest, more than the ads on a standard level could ever do.
This draws us towards the
conclusion as to why remarketing is such an effective marketing strategy.
The different kinds of Remarketing:
There are different ways employed by brands to re-engage with their customers online. Professionals need to understand these different options in order to understand what is remarketing.
Display of ad to people
who have visited your site
This happens to be one of the
most mainstream kind of marketing i.e. displaying advertisement to people who
have visited your site already. These
ads might appear on two platforms.
Setting up a remarketing campaign
through Google Adwords will make their ads appear throughout the Google display
network. Google Adwords happens to be the largest platform on PPC which makes
it an excellent means to reach millions of people world-wide.
This display of ads could also be
set up on various types of social medias namely Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
so that the customer can come across them while scrolling and can take relevant
interest in the product. Facebook is the most widely used when put in comparison to the other social networking
sites. Hence, it serves as the largest platform for remarketing & retargeting
customers with ease.
Email remarketing happens to be a
bit confined i.e. does not have such broader outline unlike the previous one.
Email remarketing practices retargeting people on your email list, who reside elsewhere in the digital
ecosystem. This is to create ad campaigns for those who open emails.
Remarketing list search
You can make display of your ads on various search engines alongside displaying them on social media. With the help of such marketing ads, you are able to retarget those who visit your website. In the due course, you will come across certain customers who are actually interested in learning more about your company.
This is an unique form of
retargeting. Here you can retarget those customers who have searched for
products which parallel those offered by you, but have not made any visit to
your website yet. This method of retargeting helps to stretch your reach in all
directions, letting them know or able to convince them to give a try to your
How does Google
Google remarketing happens to be
the most simple method of retargeting the customer. Remarketing on Google works
by placement of cookies on your website. This cookie gets added to your
remarketing audience list.
Instancing, someone you wish to target has viewed a particular page but has not made any purchase. Each cookie holds an unique id which helps you to track down your target, making a display of your website as an advertisement which serves as a reminder to them.
Google remarketing as added new
features lately. These features allow more flexibility through upgraded Google analytics Code.
How does Facebook
Facebook remarketing is somewhat
similar to Google remarketing. The list of customers could be made from their
user ids and phone numbers. You can take down such lists and the generate a
smart list of Facebook users which is termed as “Lookalike Audiences”.
Facebook lists down an average
number of users based on the number of users on your list. This feature helps
you to reach out to the potential customers.
Thus, it could, finally be
concluded that, remarketing has turned out to be the most effective and an
innovative form of marketing strategy which brings mutual benefit both for the
customer and the marketer. This strategy is easy to handle and brings out the
best opportunities both for the seller and the customer.
What is PPC?
Abbreviation PPC refers as Pay Per Click, A model of advertising use to generate more traffic on the website. PPC redirect paid traffic, the amount per click is paid by an advertiser to the publisher.
It is very important to plan your PPC strategy before putting it into action.
Steps for Pay Per Click (PPC) Campaign:
1. Goal Setting
The advertiser must decide what it wants to achieve by the campaign, goal of campaign is decided, further divide goal into various steps and design strategy accordingly.Objectives of doing PPC can differ from advertiser to advertiser, some may want to create brand awareness other may want to generate a lead or convert that lead into sales.
2. Choosing the Right Platform
Facebook, Google, Yahoo, Instagram, LinkedIn and Bing and there are many other platforms where advertisers can implement their PPC strategy, but to choose which will suit their business is a difficult part. For these advertisers, they must study their business and their audience in depth for choosing the most effective platform to implement the strategy.
The advertiser must decide what area they want to target it can be a town, city, country, continent or Planet Earth, this will mainly depend on the scale of business, nature of the product and its demand. The advertiser must have an effective supply chain to full fill these orders or an efficient structure to provide services, Before implementing the strategy, they must also decide they are targeting desktop users, tablet or mobile users, type of device play an important role.
4. Finding Right Keywords
Advertisers must find out what their target audience search for when they look for similar product or service. All possible keywords, the phrase must be identified and ranked according to their importance or search frequency. The advertiser must not only identify keywords that are expensive but also try to identify keywords that are highly relevant but are available at low cost identify.
5. Create Effective Advertisement
Effective communication will include keyword, attractive offers, phone number, address, additional links, and rating. It will help to improve Click Through Rate (CTR) and will also improve the quality score.
Time of reflecting of advertisement or time of campaign will a very important role, it can be given on different days, at different hours each will have a different impact. Example: To give advertisement of winter wear from October to December will be more relevant as compared to doing a campaign during June July in India.
The ad quality score decided by google on basis of landing pages or page where your ad will redirect the target audience, it is important to have 3-4 landing pages attached to different ads to manage your website traffic in an effective manner. The landing page must have complete information about the product buttons like “BUY” or “Subscribe”
8. Negative Keywords
It good to identify the best keywords but it’s great to identify negative keywords, make sure none of the negative keywords are used in your advertisement campaign. It reduces Cost Per Click (CPC) and improves Return on Investment (ROI).
9. Competition Analysis
Identify what your completion is doing, what keywords they are using, what strategy they have opted, do a complete SWOT analysis and bring out the best strategy for your campaigns.
10. Monitoring & Managing
It’s important to monitor and manage your campaigns effectively use of tracking codes to identify usability and profitability of keywords. Use of Google Analytics for better insight for Google AdWords, checking bounce rate and identifying the reason for bounce rate taking appropriate actions to improvise strategy. It will also help to analyse audience behaviour.
- Effective PPC strategy can be developed by continuous research, improvisation, and
- The advertiser must understand the behaviour of his target audience
- Identifying both positive and negative keywords
- Use of tools to monitor the campaign
Digital Marketing is basically the online marketing or promotion of goods and services with the help of electronic media. Today, digital market uses a wide range of electronic mediums such as search engines, networking sites, social platforms, websites, emails, messages etc.
With the help of various technology platforms and growing number of internet users, digital marketing has taken the place of traditional marketing and has been successful in targeting the right and bigger audience. Digital marketing has come a long way from its inception in 1990 when the first search engine “Archie” was launched to a time where more than 93% of online experiences start with a search engine. With gradual advancements in technology and easy access of it, digital marketing has been able to create a market of itself.
As per a recent study by Dentsu Aegis Network-exchange4media Digital Report 2019, the Indian Advertising Market is expected to grow at a rate of 10.62% till 2021 and would reach a market size of Rs. 85,250 crore.
Digital marketing not just helps you to reach a bigger and targeted audience present in different parts of the world, but it also facilitates you to select the market, geography, gender, age group and many other parameters which in turn help you to understand your customer better.
With digital marketing, you can monitor, measure and compare the outcomes and derive logical and effective solutions (for e.g., which technique is getting you better results, what are customers’ preferences, what is market trend).
In today’s cyber world, Digital marketing is the best way of promoting your goods and services as it helps in several ways:
- Target an audience of your choice (local or international) and you can tailor a campaign to specific audience demographics, such as age, gender, interests or location
- Choose the way you want to present your content: you can reach out your audience in a number of ways such as through blog posts, ads on networking sites, videos, emails, messages and the list goes on and on
- Easy communication through live chat and quick feedbacks: Interactions with customers and their feedback can help the business to have a better understanding of the market.
- Cost saving and efficient way: Digital marketing is cheaper as compared to offline marketing and you can reach out to more people in lesser time
- Measure and Compare: The data and stats are recorded which can further be used to study the market and provide useful insights about your ad campaign.
- You can develop your brand by providing excellent website and content targeting the needs of the customers and through various personalized marketing measures (email or messages)
- Make things go Viral: Online marketing is a feasible and quick way to spread the word among huge masses
Digital Marketing is not just a way to market your product rather it is a form of communication where you can reach out to large audiences at once and educate them about your goods and services. It is a way to communicate with your customers, listen to their views and opinions through their constructive feedback. It is way to know their preferences and understand different market trends.
In a digital world like ours, where internet users are increasing day by day, new technologies are being introduced in an order to help the businesses grow, Digital Marketing plays a crucial role in capturing a large market share and reach out to more people and global markets.